Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I got my 2 cats stolen from my 2005 307SW 2.0 hdi 307 136hphey left the DPF filter but nicked the big cat and the attached wee one, WHICH ARE CONNECTED BETWEEN THE TURBO & DPF ...... anyone breaking one?
I URGENTLY need to buy a new/ used one can anyone help please :mad::confused: Mistake in title it is a 136hp (NOT 137)

·
Registered
100 Posts
How on earth did they pinch that!
Its quiet a job to just whip it out, am sure the front sub frame needs to be detached at the least!?
Sorry to hear for the theft though.

-Chris

·
Registered
4,777 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well That is part of the story a local garage took the 2 cats off and indeed dropped the subframe, I had a suspected blown turbo so the cats were stored in the boot. Turns out the turbo is ok but the cats and the DPF filter were seriously gunged up with oil and soot. While the car was sitting outside the garage some tinkers came along and took the cats etc and some other scrap metal nearby! ;(

I am really struggling to find new ones or second hand ones, I did try that link above but they cost a fortune, I would be looking at about £600-700 for the 3 units :-(

·
Registered
909 Posts
if the parts where nicked while your car is at a garage surely its down to the garage to source and supply replacement parts free of charge? Your vehicle is in their care afterall.

·
5,012 Posts
That's a very valid point kev. Surely the garages insurance will have to pay

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
I would have to agree its the garages problem

Main issue you have in getting used ones is that the scrap value of both cats is around £120 so you will be unlikely to find anyone willing to sell for less than that !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a very valid point kev. Surely the garages insurance will have to pay
Well he is a one man band, not a fancy dealership or whatever, the car was not in the garage it was sitting on a public back street.

I would be prepared to buy a whole car, that I could break for spares if I had to just to get the 2 cats. One of them the little turbo cat is very very hard to find. After days of trawling the NET I found one it is £ 235 plus VAT and extra postage to the highlands :eek:

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Well he is a one man band, not a fancy dealership or whatever, the car was not in the garage it was sitting on a public back street.

I would be prepared to buy a whole car, that I could break for spares if I had to just to get the 2 cats. One of them the little turbo cat is very very hard to find. After days of trawling the NET I found one it is £ 235 plus VAT and extra postage to the highlands :eek:
so was he a garage or a guy working from home either way in his hands so its his problem and he should have insurance or you could sue him

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so was he a garage or a guy working from home either way in his hands so its his problem and he should have insurance or you could sue him
Naw It is just not my way of doing things, aint gonna happen, he took some losses too that night, he got stuff nicked and broken into, and he is just a working guy like me trying to get on his feet, and he has already been really good to me!

·
5,012 Posts
Are you actually the garage owner trying to sort this mess out for a customer ??

P

·
0 Posts
I work for a small IT/Electronics company. There's only two of us here. We still need insurance and if god forbid someone broke in and stole customers stuff we'd pay out without question.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I work for a small IT/Electronics company. There's only two of us here. We still need insurance and if god forbid someone broke in and stole customers stuff we'd pay out without question.
Well like I say It's def not going down the insurance route for lots of good reasons so its pointless going on about it!

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
im a part time trader and I have trade insurance, my customers cars are more insured than my own cars

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im a part time trader and I have trade insurance, my customers cars are more insured than my own cars

Well like I said 4 times now It's def not going down the insurance route for lots of good reasons so its pointless going on about it

·
5,012 Posts
time to put your hand in your pocket then, would've possibly been cheaper to go to the main dealer than use this garage, but we all make our own decisions.

Can't help thinking there's something your not telling us tho.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts