Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys any advice would be really really appreciated!!!!

basically have an 02 plate 307 which has 3 warning lights coming on the first is unblock diesel filter. I have read this can be the particulate filter but that was changed in 2011 :S will it still be that also it comes on randomly and I haven't taken the car on a long journey or even on the motorway for a time could taking it on the motorway for a drive fix this problem or is it something else?

Fault 2 : this is the airbag fault anyone know how to fix this is this due to a sensor is this due to wiring why has this come on ?

fault 3 : esp ASR not functioning what is this due to and does anyone have any idea about fixing it ?

another small problem is my horn doesn't seem to be working however if i press the lock button on the keys too many times it will make a sound yet when i press the steering wheel nothing any Ideas ?

any comments and help would be really appreciated thankyou !

·
Registered
343 Posts
To be honest it is typical of this pre-facelift car and being of that age. However, these can all be cured.

1)
The filter may have been changed but the cars ECU/BSI needs updating to say it has been done. Peugeot Planet is probably the only tool capable of doing this at the dealer or if you own yourself.

If the dealer did this filter change it will not be the above and will probably need to be hooked up to the diagnostic anyhow to investigate further.

2)
Needs a diagnostic with Peugeot Planet in order to fully understand the fault, however it is likely related to the horn not working and I will describe below.

3)
ESP error is 90% caused by the air gap on the rear wheel ABS sensors. The diagnostic with PP2000 would again confirm this however I would place a bet on it being one or both of the two rear sensors. Basically it is a wheel off job, undoing the sensor, cleaning the hub and chipping off rust behind the sensor then remounting. There is a tutorial located here:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/electrical-54/how-fix-abs-fault-24260/

4)
The horn fault is again another common problem with this era of 307. This is likely caused by the contacts behind the steering wheel airbag. You can test this theory by pressing your remote control locking plip key twice to lock. If you hear the horn it is 90% likely the fault resides behind the steering wheel airbag. If the horn cannot be heard, a diagnostic is needed to confirm the issue but it could be the horn itself or even a fuse.

Obviously if the horn can be heard when pressing the lock button twice, I advise you to remove the steering wheel airbag carefully (with the battery disconnected). Then, the brass connector clicked into the alloy cast needs removing with pliers and cleaning. A tutorial is also here on these forums.

Once following the tutorial the issue should be fixed and possibly even the airbag too (check for loose connectors behind the steering wheel when fixing the horn too).

Hope this helps

Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Matt thanks for the advice

In reference to the particulate filter it was changed in 2011 think it was done by a normal garage but the unblock diesel filter hadn't come on for at least the last 5 months and just recently come on Ive heard taking it on the motorway might kick it into regeneration mode is this true the car was doing mainly long journeys for the the last 5 months then I was only running it about on short journeys that's when it come on not sure if that's relevant ?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey Matt thanks for the advice

In reference to the particulate filter it was changed in 2011 think it was done by a normal garage but the unblock diesel filter hadn't come on for at least the last 5 months and just recently come on Ive heard taking it on the motorway might kick it into regeneration mode is this true the car was doing mainly long journeys for the the last 5 months then I was only running it about on short journeys that's when it come on not sure if that's relevant ?
Personally I would have always got a complex job like this done by the Peugeot dealers. I have known garages to mess it up and caused problems few months down the line. Not to say this is your problem of course.

There is a belief that giving the car a good blast down the motorway indeed does help clear the filter BUT I am not sure of the success here.

Depending how many miles you have done in the car since it was changed in 2011, one thing for sure is it should not be causing you grief this early down the line.

My filter has not been changed once and I am now on 100,000 miles.

The best answer to alot of your issues including this one is get it plugged into a dealer Peugeot Planet 2000 diagnostic. If you cannot afford a diagnostic someone on these forums can do it or you can buy you're own kit.

Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I didn't have the car when the filter was replaced just saw that it was done in the service history I got. It looks like it was done pretty cheap too think £100 Yeah I'll definitely run the diagnostics test then can you pick up the equipment fairly cheap and is it fairly simple to do ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts