Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a 307cc it had been stood for a while. So put new battery on it and the car started but no throttle response. So i got a code reader and the codes were.3014, 1153, so I pressed clear codes and the throttle response was there and drove fine. Soon as I switch car off and on its bk to no throttle response. Somone told me ecu is not right. So after hours online I managed to find someone who sent me one and my one bk he said he cloned it but a few numbers were different so might not work. Also somone said it might be pedal or throttle body. I carnt see how it could be any of them coz when I clear codes it drives fine. It's just after switching off its bk to square one. Please help coz I'm lost. By the way it's a 307cc 1.6 16v and 2005 thanks

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its a power supply issue most likely and clearing the codes is allowing the ecu to work until turned off as the code reader powers up every pin on the diagnostic port and once started it will run fine.

Its NOT the ecu at fault rarely is the ecu but people always blame the ecu instead of doing proper diagnosis

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Using the correct diagnostic equipment and process will save time and money. Meaning we shouldn't get people on here saying a car is costing a fortune in money, because unnecessary parts are being thrown about in the hope of fixing the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi I am thick and sorry for pm s but I'm not sure how to reply. But is there anyone nere to Rhyl who can help rather than going to main dealers just to get ripped off. Or give me a clue how or where to start looking. If i remove codes the car is fine so as I turn off and bk on it goes bk to no thottle response it just ides.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
My best guess is wiring to the throttle butterfly is shorting out or the throttle cogs are worn but if they were worn it would do it all the time so wiring is more likely the power for some things comes from the underbonnet fusebox so this is also worth checking all the connections on.

Its best to fully fill in your profile with your location as then someone local may notice you are nearby if its not in your profile nobody knows.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your response Al check wires and fusebox could it be a fuse. Also I am in Rhyl north Wales thanks once again

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Telling me your in rhyl is fine but if its in your profile you would not need to tell me or anyone else its obvious where i am :)

Its not a fuse its more likely wiring and your diagnostic gear is bypassing the issue when you plug it in

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
307cc no throttle response

i am now on laptop so this site is easyer to get my head round.
as for my throttle it is driving me mad.i have a multi meter if anyone can tell me any wires i can check with it to diagnose a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts