Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left the van into the mechanic for its normal fuel filter / oil change / service-

collected Van- very hard to start (never was before) drove it- but was unsure what’s happened. Left it back to the mechanic as it was loosing power when driving- slow to get to 60-back to mechanic-
Took the filter out etc assuming the issue was the fuel filter-

error codes that showed-

P0087- fuel rail / system pressure to low-

I he changed a fuel sensor (not a mechanic and I’ve bad memory but a sensor was changed)

Collected the van- I was informed then it has a water leak? Sorted the water leak with some rod well, worked no more leak-

previous to leaving the van in it has an error code- intake air pressure sensor 1 circuit high was on for around a week before leaving the van in- if this is relevant P0113.

Van won’t start at all now-

both me and the mechanic are at a loss- I’m going to get fuel line tomorrow- we are trying to repair anything that is handy to get our hands on-but Is there ANY ideas out their I can pass onto the mechanic-

he’s completely competent and I don’t question his skills- but it’s a bit disheartening the van was fine before I handed it in -

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Left the van into the mechanic for its normal fuel filter / oil change / service-

collected Van- very hard to start (never was before) drove it- but was unsure what’s happened. Left it back to the mechanic as it was loosing power when driving- slow to get to 60-back to mechanic-
Took the filter out etc assuming the issue was the fuel filter-

error codes that showed-

P0087- fuel rail / system pressure to low-

I he changed a fuel sensor (not a mechanic and I’ve bad memory but a sensor was changed)

Collected the van- I was informed then it has a water leak? Sorted the water leak with some rod well, worked no more leak-

previous to leaving the van in it has an error code- intake air pressure sensor 1 circuit high was on for around a week before leaving the van in- if this is relevant P0113.

Van won’t start at all now-

both me and the mechanic are at a loss- I’m going to get fuel line tomorrow- we are trying to repair anything that is handy to get our hands on-but Is there ANY ideas out their I can pass onto the mechanic-

he’s completely competent and I don’t question his skills- but it’s a bit disheartening the van was fine before I handed it in -
The fact that you got a P0087 fault after the fuel filter was changed is suspicious. Did the fault clear after the sensor was changed? If the fuel rail pressure really is low it would cause your problem. This could be due a number of things: e.g. a blockage, a faulty high pressure regulator, pump not primed properly, an air leak on the low pressure side or a faulty high pressure pump.

I wonder if the the fuel filter case sealed properly after the filter element was changed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi! Thanks for getting in touch- the van currently isn’t starting at the minute so can’t get access to live data- although it did show me I had 123.55psi fuel rail pressure when the key is turned- couldn’t get a reading from cranking as it wouldn’t kick over. When I connected it to my own computer I’m getting a P1351 code, but that may just be down to the fact the battery is flat now from the constant starting.

The code did clear, but didn’t help with the slow starting: it did eventually normally crank then start- but your talking a few seconds of turning the key then boom it would of started.

Next, the fuel lines are being removed and going to try and put a primer bulb on and see if the van will start, which would rule out a few things I hope. It just seems very odd that after a fuel filter change id have a fuel rail / pump issue.

My mechanic is definitely competent, he say he has the fuel filter off a few times, checked wiring. Changed a few sensors, put the older filter back on to see if that was the cause, but nothing.

The van being off the road is costing me big £££ in lost work!!

The fact that you got a P0087 fault after the fuel filter was changed is suspicious. Did the fault clear after the sensor was changed? If the fuel rail pressure really is low it would cause your problem. This could be due a number of things: e.g. a blockage, a faulty high pressure regulator, pump not primed properly, an air leak on the low pressure side or a faulty high pressure pump.

I wonder if the the fuel filter case sealed properly after the filter element was changed.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I assisted another person on the forum (mainly moral support my interest was mainly with the electrics) who had a whole range of faults on an Expert van see:BSM fault RHK 2.0 litre HDI.L05-00 . He bought the van as a non runner but it had a new fuel pump fitted and he had a lot of problems with the fuel system. The interesting thing is if you look at his scanner results it shows the target fuel rail pressure is 259. Which is double the value you got from your scanner. I am not sure what you scanner was displaying if it's the historical value from last time the van was running it would suggests to me that the low fuel rail pressure the mechanic saw is real and the sensor was okay. If the pressure really is low I think there are three possibilities:
(i) the high pressure pump is not primed properly and has some air in the fuel line
(ii) The high pressure pump regulator is faulty
(iii) The high pressure pump is faulty

The high pressure fuel pump is mechanical so I think you need to get your battery charged and then recheck the pressure after cranking the engine.

·
9,199 Posts
If that fuel pressure is PSI and not Bar you have a serious issue with your fuel system.

Either air is getting in to the system, the hp fuel pump has an issue or pipework/system is incorrectly fitted, damaged or leaking.

If your engine has the fuel filter on the right rear corner of the engine check fuel pipes were not bent and damaged when filter was changed or that they have rubbed through on the rear of the engine

ECU will not fire the injectors with fuel pressure that is below around 180 Bar (2500+ PSI) or revs are below 200 ish RPM.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
** UPDATE **

van still hasn’t started driving- have it now with another mechanic who found a small split over by the fuel filter: but previous mechanic had tried to by pass everything else to solve it- but we are now correcting it as we know the issue:

my next problem I need to get my hands on a few pipes-

one that caused a waterleak which we be easily identified:
Two fuel pipes (I got a replacement fuel harness but they have also cut them short-

the first two photos show one from my engine- the other a photo I’ve found online- I belive the pipe is the top twisted pipe- but does anyone know what it’s called or were I’d get one?

second set of pipes is the fuel pipes- they are cut toshort to make it back to wear they need to connect to- and are circled-

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Are these attachments any use to you?

There appears to be 3 different 1.6HDi for your van in servicebox. This is for one of them. The fuel pipes look similar for two of them. If this looks like the information you need PM me your VIN and I will see if I can find your correct engine designation.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m back in business.. just about when the vans driving it’s driving great-

i do have quite a few codes coming up-

it will start as long as I turn the key straight away. I am also being dealt with a “water in diesel filter”
Van is moving and working as should- it’s going back to the mechanic next week but we don’t know where to start.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I’m back in business.. just about when the vans driving it’s driving great-

i do have quite a few codes coming up-

it will start as long as I turn the key straight away. I am also being dealt with a “water in diesel filter”
Van is moving and working as should- it’s going back to the mechanic next week but we don’t know where to start.
I don't think most of the codes sound that serious but I think you need to work through them. Someone else may have a better idea on the codes relating to the servo waste gate and ERG. I would be inclined to ignore the pending codes because it usually means it is only been seen once.
P001 and P003 high pressure fuel pumps often have an input valve and an output valve (pressure regulator) but I suspect your pump has a mechanical regulator. I think these codes relate to the input valve. There should be a plug on the high pressure pump that connects to this. Your codes are suggesting that this is disconnected or the valve's solenoid is open circuit.
P1351 Relates to the glow plugs. It could be the relay but it could just be one glow plug.
P1471 I think this will clear after you drive the van a bit longer.

I think the first thing to do is clear all codes with the OBD tool and see if they reappear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once cleared I do be left with a few lights.
If not completely cleared it won’t start each time-

some instantly come back I thought I had a screenshot of these but I will upload it once I have it again.

but as long as you turn the KEY INSTANTLY- it’ll start no problem without clearing.
I’m also being met with a “water in diesel filter light” mainly on start up and when trying to get to speed- I’m happy my vans starting again as it’s the beating heart of my business but I need reliability before I get busier.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The fuel filter has a water sensor and it sounds likely that there is water in the filter that needs draining. The filter has a drain pipe and a screw operated valve to empty the water. This should be done as a normal part of a service. Here is an example -see below. The P001 and P003 are also a concern if they are still present. You should look at your High Pressure Fuel Pump. It should have an electrical connector. You need to make sure this connector is making a good electrical connection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts