Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Changed oil/oil filter, air filter and fuel filter today. Checked for leaks etc after oil and air change. Changed fuel filter (nightmare to get off) got it sorted and now car won't start! Tried to bleed air from the system but the priming pump never seems to go hard, can see diesel creeping up the tube leading to the filter and lots of bubbles, when I release the bleed valve on top it sinks back down. Tried pumping it for an easy 5 mins still not getting primer bulb hard......is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any help

Thomas

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I just need to maybe reset my sealing ring and try again in the daylight hours? Had me baffled to say the least started briefly and died on me,seems as tight as it can go tho?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also are these self bleeding (once air tight)? Killed my battery trying ?

C

·
0 Posts
You say it was a nightmare to remove the filter bowl top, you sure nothing got damaged or cracked?
Seen it before when filter had been changed and the bowl got cracked which stopped car from running.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't think so but I'm gonna check it out today again and will let you guys know how I get on. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just checked the housing is intact and everything appears tight and snug.....any other ideas guys/girls?

·
5,087 Posts
have you opened the knurled bolt on the top of the housing ?? If so did diesel pump out whilst pumping the rubber thingymabob?? (cant think of the right name for it lol) its at 11 oclock on the pic

·
Registered
241 Posts
hi thomas,
if you study the picture above ,try removing the out line on the right and put your finger over it ,to create a seal like a valve, to see if you can then suck up some fuel,you can 'bleed' it like this on /off fashion pump the bulb then seal it with your finger ,pump again etc.
-especially if you happen to have some fluff/crud or summat stuck in the hand primer bulb,its meant to have a non return flap valve inside but after years of use not always a good seal..i had trouble with mine for a while before i finally changed the filter again out of desperation.
needless to say it solved the problem,mine would keep bleeding back over a few days if not used,spun over fine but wouldn't 'catch'-so flattening the battery.
neil
ps also be aware you need to get all the air out across the top of the engine-to the fuel pump running off the cam at the (nearside)end of the head-follow the lines across the engine and back again to just behind the pump bulb/filter housing.you need to see the air /fule passing here.
another really good tip is,either with the battery fully charged or with jump leads-carefull..! spin the engine over and have someone pumping the bulb at the same time much quicker/easier

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Solved guys! Hadda suck with lips to drag diesel up through the feed line on the right, carefully watching the small see through bit to ensure I didn't swallow any.... Connected it up,opened the bleed valve....few pumps and were alive. Thanks for the help folks are these things always a nightmare to prime after changing the filter?

?HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Solved guys! Hadda suck with lips to drag diesel up through the feed line on the right, carefully watching the small see through bit to ensure I didn't swallow any.... Connected it up,opened the bleed valve....few pumps and were alive. Thanks for the help folks are these things always a nightmare to prime after changing the filter?

?HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY?

Just did mine 2 weeks ago, opened the bleed valve and hand primed until fuel came out, closed bleed valve and it started first time.
Malcolm.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I must have tried to prime with the bulb for about 6 hours on/off it just wasn't happening......maybe as mentioned seal on bulb is bad. Glad I got it sorted tho as I can now drive again.....☺

·
Registered
46 Posts

?HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY?

I dont think it is nightmare your prime pump is bad.I changed filter many times and empting the hole bowl never had problems.After changing just pumping until fuel through line comes to hp fuel pump car starts every time without problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts