Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
New here but have been reading your great threads for a while!
I have a 307 2.0 HDi 03 plate. My wiper stalk has a button on the end and two white arrows, but since i have owned the car (approx 1 year) the end button does nothing. The screen on top of the dash shows time and date.

I decided to 'gently' pop the end of the stalk off, and found that the ribbon was very loose from the steering wheel side, not stalk end side. (if that makes sense) and the ribbon actually came right out!
I don't know if this was contributing to the trip not-working but inevitably the rear wiper now doesn't work!

My question, how to fix it?
Many thanks in advance guys.

Max

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
bettyswollocks is the man on this, but basically you need to take it all apart and reattach and its a right pain to do apparently.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm not great with electrics per say, but im fine generally taking things apart and putting them back together and have done this with various things. If it is just tricky and fidily, no probs. If it is wiring/soldering, may need a garage! lol

Is it normal to have the ribbon in the stalk, and have a trip computer? I had noted in other threads that reto-fitting trip computer was harder if you had a ribbon.
Before my heavy handed approach the trip wasn't working, but the stalk has a button and the white arrows. Should the trip have worked?

Cheer again

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
soldering isnt that bad. and nah its just connecting a ribbon back up like in a computer.

we have come across both versions (non-ribbon and ribbon) with trip computer, it just depends on what year and what was fitted.

if its got the button then possibly, but a previous owner might have replaced the unit with one with a button...only way to find out is to fix and find out lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool I should be able to have a go myself then. To get the top cover off just on top, behind the steering wheel, the back edge just pops up. Then there is some resistance. Is it the screws underneath that is holding it down?

·
Registered
158 Posts
It's not quite as simple as that. You have to remove the driver's airbag, then remove the steering wheel. Next remove the comm2000 unit ( the unit which has the wiper and lighting stalk attached). That's just the start of your problems, you now have to open the comm2000 unit without allowing the centre to move out of position. Once the unit is open you have to either thread the ribbon cable back down through the wiper stalk (if you are lucky !) or you may have to get the wiper stalk out of the comm2000 first. If so, this is another tricky task, it's not easy to do without damaging the plastic casing on the comm2000. If you attempt to do all of this, make sure you read up on the precautions of disconnecting the battery and removing the airbag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts