Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, i've owned my 407sw for about 2.5 yrs and this problem is driving me nuts as i have no idea where to start fixing it!

Whenever the car is exposed to hot weather for a prolonged period of time (25deg seems to be the trigger stationary or driving), the display panel above the radio will start telling me that everything on the car has a fault. Air con, seat belts, ECU, power steering, brakes, you name it, every fault that the car could have pops up with an annoying beep every 10 seconds or so. From what i can tell, despite the fault coming up on the display, the car works fine. The dash dials also drop to zero. On 2 occasions this year, the car has failed to start after parking in a field on a family day out.

The car does have the heater fault which fingers crossed will get fixed soon (RTN Doncaster)

I have googled for ages trying to see if this was a common Pug fault but i haven't found any similar cases.

I spoke to a guy today from the ECUdoctor.co.uk who thought it was unlikely to be an ECU fault but could be triggered by the cab of the car exceeding a certain temperature?!?

Can anyone offer any help with this please as i'm way out of my depth!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
From memory, the engine light comes on the dash board but all the other faults and warnings keep popping up on the digital display above the stereo. Thanks for replying! I'll keep an eye out as it's bound to do it again soon in this weather!

Edit: whatever fault pops up above the stereo, also flashes up on the display panel between the speedo and the rev counter.

·
5,041 Posts
Could try on my Facebook page peugeot407 uk

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fixed?

Sounds like an earthing problem, maybe top of the gearbox. Mine did the same, cleaned all earths and replaced ropey battery clamps and fine since then.

Did you fix it in the end?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts