Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all my dual climate control only blows hot air even in this winter. the air con works but no cold air is being fed back into the car . when i start the car up a whinning noise comes from the climate control facia , is there a valve stuck or broken .air con is fine motor kicks in then freezes like i say just not getting into the cabin for some reason . can you belive were getting fried in the middle of winter Help please
307 sw se 1.6 hdi 110
dual climate control /ac
FIXED THANKS
thanks ken

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Help climate control 307sw se hdi 2006

thanks stubbo this looks possible there is a clunk noise on start up from the front window vent area

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
climate control gear repair kit 307 sw 2006

Hi all either side of the climate control gear cogs were sheared and there is a replacement kit you get from peugeot it cost £22.84 for both sides the part number is 6450 xz , if both sides were broken like mine it was stuck on the hot position ,if i want cold air just now i turn the gear with my fingers as i have disconected the 2 electric motors as there were no longer turning the cogs for the mixer flaps its an easy fix . i was told by a garage it was a dash off this is not the case just lower panels till you get access to the 2 motors .
hope this helps if anyone else has the same problems :lol: :thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
climate control repair kits 307

thanks again stubbo.....:thumb: heres a few pics of the broken gear cogs for anyone , i will post pics of the repair kit soon to :thumb: :D

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
307 dual air con repair kit pictures

Hi the kit is fitted and all is well the hot blows hot cold blows ,,have a guess lol....... got a few bits that may help instructions as you do not get them in the kit ,,,, also i was told i needed 2 kits but one box has a repair for both sides .. so ive got a spare never mind all sorted .was a real headache to start with getting told full dash off etc .. check out the pdf attacment for help and the kit pics :thumb: it wont let me up load the instructions let me know if you need them i can email no problem ...:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
climate control

its sorted it was worn gears for the mixer flaps , flaps were stuck on hot as the gear was not moving them to control the heating , its common on this car , thats why they made a quick fix repair kits ...:thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
climate control

probably i have dual climate control so both sides get replaced but i am not sure on all the models , at the end of the day it was a bad design they should have been made of alloy or something... cheap plastic rubbish.... plastic gears whos great idea was that lol someone must have had to much to drink that night . cheers ken :thumb:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
ken68 said:
probably i have dual climate control so both sides get replaced but i am not sure on all the models , at the end of the day it was a bad design they should have been made of alloy or something... cheap plastic rubbish.... plastic gears whos great idea was that lol someone must have had to much to drink that night . cheers ken :thumb:
Must have been the same night they came up with the comm 2000 indicator idea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ken68 said:
Hi the kit is fitted and all is well the hot blows hot cold blows ,,have a guess lol....... got a few bits that may help instructions as you do not get them in the kit ,,,, also i was told i needed 2 kits but one box has a repair for both sides .. so ive got a spare never mind all sorted .was a real headache to start with getting told full dash off etc .. check out the pdf attacment for help and the kit pics :thumb: it wont let me up load the instructions let me know if you need them i can email no problem ...:lol:

Hi

I have the 307 HD with the exact problem. I have bought the kit and would be grateful if you could please email me the fitting instructions.

Many thanks
Squeeze

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi There

ken68 said:
I have the same issue, how did you change the gears on the main housing or does the kit do the repair,

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rustybolt said:
Can I just say thanks to Ken for his info. This has probably saved my marriage and my wallet. Second thought perhaps I could have coped without the marriage bit but cheers anyway Ken :thumb:
Saved me to my wife was gonna give me grief lol :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
ken68 said:
Hi ken68,

I have the 307 HD, and with the exact problem. I would be grateful if you could email me the fitting instructions. Please :) :thumb:

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.