Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I changed the headlight units on my 307, was checking the engine bay and found this random wire that wasn't plugged into anything. I'm aware of the legendary standards of French engineering but suspect that even they don't produce wires for their amusement. Much appreciation will be awarded to whomever can identify it and tell me where the hell to plug it back in. I've looked everywhere.....:confused:

Many thanks in advance!!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Headlight hight adjustment motor possibly as the connector may point downwards so you cannot see it.

coolant level sensor

headlight washer pump

quite a few possibles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

I thought it may have been something to do with the headlight height adjustment but that is still working.

My car doesn't have headlight washers, that I know of...

If it was a coolant level sensor I assume that would be somewhere near or around the coolant reservoir? I'll have a look around that area.

Many thanks again

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'll second the wires it does not use suggestion.
Behind the battery box on my 2.0 Xsi I found a couple of cables with plugs on that clearly have never been used.

So yes...
Effectively there are some cables there just there for entertainment value heh!

- Jvr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool thanks guys. Nothing seems to have stopped working and no bright warning lights have appeared on the dashboard so I guess until something happens I'll leave it!

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Some cars have a full wiring loom with plugs for options that weren't requested when the car was built. Those with a car with these extra plugs are then in a position to retrofit these options. Things like front fog lights, factory alarm, parking sensors etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts