Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Im in need of some help. Recently i have come across an intermittent fault with the drivers side electric window, i can hear the relay clicking and the motor clicking in the door but no movement, then sometimes itl work, leading me to think the motor is ok. Iv checked the wires on the door hinge area, all seem to be ok. I tested the switch and that seems fine to, showing 12v when switch is pressed. Iv had the door card off and had a ratch around and cant see any thing obvious. Are this motors grounded to the van by bolt form the motor body? Could that be the issue?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14,964 Posts
No the motor is not earthed to the body if its a simple 2 wire motor the switch simply reverses the connections IE power and earth 1 way for up other way for down

It may be a 1 touch window this would involve a control box and wiring but basic motor principle is the same.

To be honest if you can hear the motor trying its more likely the cables that move the glass up and down are tangled in the motor assembly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for ur reply. I just wondered uf it worked every now and again could the cables still be tangled? If i place my hand on the window i can kind of feel a slight thud, the window is stuck up, i cant even figure out how to get the assembly out when the window is stuck up.
Thanks
Dean

·
Registered
14,964 Posts
It could also be the dampers in the roller assembly for the cables but either way you probably need a replacement regulator you can get repair kits but they are fidly to fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts