Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago my jets for my wipers stopped working, I haven't had chance to check the fuses yet so will be doing that tomorrow.

Over the weekend I had the rear seats down for the first time. Went driving afterwards & all is fine.
Got in the car this morning, went to drive off and I kept getting an error that the boot was open! Got out, opened and closed.. Still says boot is open.
Car locks absolutely fine. Mirrors still fold in etc.

Are the wiper jets linked with the boot or is that a separate issue?

Ideas on what to check? I'm clueless with the boot :( don't know where the sensor is either!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bloke next door to me has just had this exact issue with an Audi A3. Turned out to be his washer bottle leaking into the boot sensor which made his car consistently say the boot was open and meant his washers had stopped working. Might be worth checking around to see if your bottle is leaking. (If its in the boot that is)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ignore me, just noticed your car is a 307 so the washer bottle in in the offside front wheel arch behind the mud shield and the same pump does front and rear windows. Might still be worth checking the fuse and fluid level. My pump packed up from sucking up crud but a new pump off ebay was only a few quid and straight forward to fit. Boot open is a new one on me but id still guess at water in the sensor (my car is too basic for such luxury's) :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any idea where that sensor is? I've tried googling and can't find anything!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd guess its behind the trim panel inside the boot, if you ever get over to Bridgnorth give me a shout and I'll have a look at it for you

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're gonna try and have a look tomorrow, was just trying to get an idea of where it all was >_<
Bloody French car

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any idea where that sensor is? I've tried googling and can't find anything!
its built into the boot lock make sure it is all lined up you could even try leave it open and lock the catch with your fingers and see if that stops it if it does the pin it locks to might be out of aline, your wash wipe is common on 307 check fuse under bonnet if blown chances are you need a new pump as well but i suggest an after market pump as the brand new pug one i got only lasted 10 months

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We'll give that a go today! Thank you!
Pleasantly surprised at how cheap the washer pumps are

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All fixed! Thanks for responding people :)

Finally got around to checking the fuses - one was dead which we replaced and jets worked.

Yesterday car said boot open, today said bonnet open! Opened/closed and all is fine!

Just strange how it was the boot yesterday!

P

·
0 Posts
On my 307, boot wouldn't lock due to dirt getting inside the switch and rotting away one of the connectors. I just replaced the switch and solved it. May be worth cleaning the connector out, may work for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts