Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

Im looking at getting a new car, been looking at the 307. Just wondering if people could shed some unbiased light on the reliability and service costs of these cars. Ive read all over that they struggle with reliability, just wondering what the consensus is here?

What i regards as reliable is a honda accord which will do 250k miles without a single cough on just an oil change every few months :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

·
Registered
364 Posts
Being honest i think most cars of any make will struggle to meet the reliability of a Honda, If you are looking for that kind of reliability best sticking with Honda. That aside the 307 is no better or worse than any other european car in its class.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Regular service is the key. And maybe keep away from the autos. I have a 2003 307 2L petrol that is about to hit 250,000k. 1 clutch and a leaking steering rack in that time.

Everything else maintained as per log book.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Servicing costs are about average for that size of vehicle as the 307 doesn't need anything special. I don't like to compare European cars with Japanese as they tend to be designed with a different philosophy, in my experience Japanese are more reliable, European more repairable.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I've had two 307's. One a 55 plate facelift and the other an 04 plate MK1. I was covering 600 mile a week in both. Serviced them no later than 9000 miles and never had any problems with either of them. Yes I had age and mileage related wear & tear jobs to do on both of them but that will happen with any car.

Check for a good service history and if it's a high miler then look to see if a cam belt change has been done. The biggest cause of problematic used cars is poor service regime and / or being abused by previous owners. A good service history of oil changes is a must for 1,6L diesels.

90 BHP diesels have a solid flywheel and no dpf whereas the 110 has the dual mass flywheel and a dpf both of which will be expensive if needing replacement soon after buying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts