Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have recently been sold a 307 1.6 HDi which is rapidly becoming a pain in my arse! I don't know if the faults it has are connected but I'll list the issues that are troubling me so far!

It has an intermittent misfire/ lack of power.
It bellows black smoke out.
It wont now rev beyond 3,000 RPM, sometimes 1500-2000.
This morning it has burst a small rubber hose which links the side of the CAT to this valve

I have repaired the hoses but it has just blown it off! I know it is pied off the CAT but should hot exhaust gases be coming out of the pipes? Any way rightly or wrongly I've by-passed the above valve and of course it blew that hose off too.

The turbo is fine, no play at all, although all the pipe insides are well coated with oil!
Its had a new air and fuel filter and a dose of injector cleaner but it's no different.

All suggestions gratefully received!

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
im sure thats the dpf pressure sensor. ive never taken mine apart to know what goes through. i gather gases do go through to sense the pressure

·
Registered
522 Posts
If it works the same way a differential pressure gauge works then no gases pass through as it will sense the pressure either side of the gauge.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Your DPF is blocked most likely as the pressure should not blow of the pipe.

This would explain all your symptoms

DO NOT keep driving it till you sort it out or you will just make things worse.

you need someone with planet to go through everything and find what things are stopping the regen of the filter.

Your central display should be giving you depollution risk of filter blocking type warnings

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies people. The car has displayed no messages that I'm aware of. My next question would be what are the common causes of the DPf becoming blocked? I've read on another thread that faulty or non working glow plugs can cause this. Also how often is is supposed to do a DPF regen or under what circumstances?

Thanks for the help so far!

·
Registered
287 Posts
faulty in the glowplug system faulty filler cap sensor are 2 things that will stop a regen.

also short journey will block the filter as you need to get the engine up to temp and be driving fast enough before regen occours.

Its recomended that you drive at motorwar speeds once a week for a certain amount of time to ensure that the filter regenerates.

You will need planet otherwise you will be just guessing.`

when regen happens is a bit of a mystery some people have noted around every 700 miles or so. but it wont happen if you only drive short journeys all the time.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Average regens are 3-500 miles depends on driving conditions and driving style as motorway work will mean longer regens town work will clog the filter quicker so regens happen more often.

Is your central display working :)

Most people get the depollution fault for nothing you have obvious problems yet its not telling you this does not seem right has the ecu been messed with to stop the messages possibly ?

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I once did a diagnostic on a car and found that the two can bus cables to the display had been cut to prevent it displaying the fault messages. Also had the effect of stopping the temperature display as well. The car had an after market head unit in so the loss of the radio information didn't point to anything amiss.

·
Registered
287 Posts
storeman makes a good point,

i hav eheard of cases where a seller his stopped the engine management light working to sell the car.

Was this a private sale or a dealership, if its a dealership you have 3 months within you can claim the car was sold not fit for purpose if theres majour faults.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts