Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a 2.0 16v petrol 307cc 06 plate.
The coolant needle keeps creeping in to the red when it is running at high revs even on the motorway. Also when sat at idle in heavy traffic. By high revs I mean in the 3 to 4 thousand range. The only reliable way to get them to drop back again is to stick the heating on.
Since I have had it it's had a full service, timing belt and water pump replaced, flush and coolant replacement and a new radiator. The thermostat seems to be working ok cause the radiator is getting warm through out and the fan is coming on.

The oil temps seems to corroborate the coolant temps story as it goes to above the 100 mark so I don't think it's the sensor. My next step will be getting a block tester kit on it then compression testing it to see if it's the head gasket.

I am not familiar with these cars and I have never worked on anything with an electric thermostat so if anyone can give me some advice on what the heck is going on I would appreciate it. Hope it isn't the head gasket cause I really don't want to go there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts