Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, never posted on any forums before, but so love my 2.7HDI 407 Coupe, I have bitten the bullet..

I have just fitted a Bluetooth conversion unit into the CD changer of this RT3 unit (that is a Sim based system) - all works fine inc steering wheel controls. The mic for calls that come with the bluetooth unit is crap and ugly, and I can see there are 2 perfectly good mics already fitted into the front centre light.

Can anyone share an audio wiring diagram so I can see what wire is what on the terminal block that plugs into the back of the header unit?? - I have taken off the light unit and seen the wire colours of the 2 mics there, but they don't match any wires I can see at the header unit end..?

My plan is very simple, to cut and fit mono 3.5mm plug, as per any other type of mic - and both save all the hassle of fitting the current or another aftermarket mic - and keep the car looking very neat. Anyone think this won't/can't work?

Any help would be much appreciated.. I am just mm away from making this truly fantastic car (white leather on the black body) update and 'perfect' - and I really don't want to have an annoying mic of any size or form ruining the perfection!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Think you will find that what you are thinking are mics are are ultrasonic sensors for your alarm, to sense change in cabbin pressure should a window or door be opened.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply - much appreciated... so to your knowledge is the mic on this unit simply in the header itself? I cant see any other obvious mic points - despite it having a full Sim based car phone system inbuilt...

any idea where I could get the wiring diagrams to confirm that?

cheers

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
If your car had an original RT3 then there is a mic in the roof just 1 though not 2 if your looking at 2 it probably is the alarm sensors

Wiring on peugeots is not colour coded so its unlikely the colour at 1 end matches the colour at other end best to google an RT3 plug wiring diagram it will tell you what pins are the mic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts