Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i all i have got my sons 207 1.4 hdi car from for a week 07 plate the car was running fine other day and when he lasted used the car he dropped the car keys and the remote fob 2 button fell apart picked it up put it back together with tape and all that ordering new key case

anyway since he has dropped the keys the car will not start it comes up with anti theft faulty on the display in dash

i have took the key to local car key place and they said its not reading the chip ok is there anything can do he said needs soldering its loose so he did that and then he tested the key in a machine and said now the key can read the chip so should work in your car when u get home and charged me £5 for his time

so come home happy anyway put key in still not starting this car has always run good and been reliable can anybody help has its needed the car still says antitheft faulty than after trying to start goes into economy mode then i have to dissconnect the battery to get it out of that on display dont know what else to try anyu help and thanks for reading i will reply asap has in and out of the garage to try and sort it

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
how do i do that please mate ? is that where i hold the lock button down on the key for 10 seconds with ign on that could be a problem has the man in key shop said the remote keys are not working but the immobilser part is sending signal..? thanks for your reply

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have read loads of post i also have peugeot planet put can not find anywhere wheather the key can be recoded or i have to buy a new virgin key and pcb in the key and programme that or this key and fob will work has it did before he dropped the key any more help i have read nearly every post on here and other sites
thank you

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still having no luck with this car can the key be reprogrammed does any1 know or is it a new key pcb needed a virgin 1?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for your reply just been out to the car and put it on planet but i am new to it so may be doing something wrong or chip is broke tried to reprogramme the old chip what is still in the key tried doing it 3 times and then says wait 1 min and try again done that loads of times and no joy so did a global test and got this back
BUILT IN SYSTEMS INTERFACE
Transponder (without hands-free starting)or badge (with hands free starting)
recognition fault .Not characterised .local.

any more help please or do i need a virgin key fob
son needs car back in afew days
please help?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PLANET pin code recode key simple

You say you have planet so its a simple task of recoding the key as i say its all been discussed in great detail many times on here.
can u shine any more light on this please has i have posted above reply with the results of what i found on planet and what it says after trying to programme key any would be great has not got long left to do his car he back from hols on thursday and would like to have it ready for then but no body commenting only u need help do u think a new key fob board is needed or is it more then that and something wrong with car

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
By the sounds of it your key still has a fault, if your local to me i can sort this for you (BD13 2PE) if you got a virgin pcb this would also fix your issues it would need programming though

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could also be the car is not seeing the comm so is then not seeing the key check ALL fuses
thanks for your reply mate really there was 2 fuses under the bonnet that had blown 10amp and a 30amp could there be anymore any where to do with this ? replaced them tried doing key again still the same i have ordered a new key remote from ebay is there anything else i can try while waiting for the fob also could i go to the local salvage yard and borrow a key fob to try and programme or does it have to be a new virgin pcb ???

i hate cars when broke i will keep this post updated with what i am doing has need it running asap son back thursday anyway to bypass the immobilliser ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just looks like i have to wait now for the key to turn up hope fully comes soon

is there anything else can do while waiting

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just looks like i have to wait now for the key to turn up hope fully comes soon

is there anything else can do while waiting
UPDATE
so new key just came in post thought yes so went out to car swapped the blades over and put key in ignition all lights come on so put planet onit and went to programme key went throught step by step[ and ignition on then off and it programmed 1st time and now the door locks all work remote central locking never had that for ages lol

put car will still not start it said programmed 1 key successful
now after trying to start it goes in to economy mode and just turns over and over what else can it be getting closer to starting this car now never not started while we have had it until he dropped the keys now the anti theft fault is not coming up in display but economy mode is there and i have also noticed the batteryy light in clocks flashes donnt know if this hasalways done this or not

anymore help with this 1 please son taking a 2 hour trip to get to work and back

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bleep test done yes is beeping when door open and key in just put diesel in it just incase is low waiting on mate to come and tow it round block down road fingers crossed will update later

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
bleep test done yes is beeping when door open and key in just put diesel in it just incase is low waiting on mate to come and tow it round block down road fingers crossed will update later
If remote works then 100% key is programmed, what's live data reading on fuel pressure and cranking speed when trying to start

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry for late reply i dont know how todo live data on planet it turns over fast though will just not start it is has though it is not getting any fuel and can not smell diesel under bonnett at all havin another go at this car tomorrow running out of ideas now when i put planet onit it says there is no faults bar 1 for the radio it not replying not bothered about that just need it running and out of my garage now

1 - 20 of 29 Posts