Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am new here, and hope to get some help or advice regarding my 2002 307 1.4 Petrol car.

I have had the car for 6 years, never had a problem.

So i went to see my GP last week after driving from work, parked and locked the car using the key.

When i came back to the car (10mn) i tried to unlock it remotely using the key, but nothing happened, no indicator as its use to do, the car was still locked, so i unlocked it using the passenger lock.

I then tried to turn on the car, it will try to start it , but wont car wont start fully as usual.

The radio will play music, and the lock button and key transponder button inside the car keep flashing like crazy, with the alarm going on over and over.

And the light inside the car will go on also.

Had to disable alarm sound.

I am unable to lower the windows.

When i lock the car using the driver door lock, i can still open the others 3 doors, driver door will remain locked.

So, we have tested the car with a brand new battery, same issue.
All fuse on ecu/bsi have been tested all fine, all wiring checked as per local garage electrician, nothing found

One of the local garage did run a diag test on the car and it came of with following error Code P1612 --- Immobiliser system malfunction

On the display i have the message : Economy Mode Active

On the diag test result it does say that NO faults found on BSI.

I have tested the keys, all working.

When i unlock the car remotely no indicators, but the dash board will come on with made trip/odometer details and the radio will also function as the light inside.

So i have already PM'ed one of the guy on planet map that lives in Dublin to see if he could help with his planet Peugeot tool, awaiting for his feedback.

As the local garage used Delphi to run the diag on my car, it might not have picked up all faults code, or i might be wrong.

So before me going and replacing things on the car i would like to have your opinion on what could be wrong on the car.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,

Nash11

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi All,

I am new here, and hope to get some help or advice regarding my 2002 307 1.4 Petrol car.

I have had the car for 6 years, never had a problem.

So i went to see my GP last week after driving from work, parked and locked the car using the key.

When i came back to the car (10mn) i tried to unlock it remotely using the key, but nothing happened, no indicator as its use to do, the car was still locked, so i unlocked it using the passenger lock.

I then tried to turn on the car, it will try to start it , but wont car wont start fully as usual.

The radio will play music, and the lock button and key transponder button inside the car keep flashing like crazy, with the alarm going on over and over.

And the light inside the car will go on also.

Had to disable alarm sound.

I am unable to lower the windows.

When i lock the car using the driver door lock, i can still open the others 3 doors, driver door will remain locked.

So, we have tested the car with a brand new battery, same issue.
All fuse on ecu/bsi have been tested all fine, all wiring checked as per local garage electrician, nothing found

One of the local garage did run a diag test on the car and it came of with following error Code P1612 --- Immobiliser system malfunction

On the display i have the message : Economy Mode Active

On the diag test result it does say that NO faults found on BSI.

I have tested the keys, all working.

When i unlock the car remotely no indicators, but the dash board will come on with made trip/odometer details and the radio will also function as the light inside.

So i have already PM'ed one of the guy on planet map that lives in Dublin to see if he could help with his planet Peugeot tool, awaiting for his feedback.

As the local garage used Delphi to run the diag on my car, it might not have picked up all faults code, or i might be wrong.

So before me going and replacing things on the car i would like to have your opinion on what could be wrong on the car.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,

Nash11
Where r u based in dublin ? Keen to know how it goes...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
Your key is not being seen by the car thats why its not starting the central locking and the chip that allows starting are 2 separate parts.

Delphi does not go into enough depth to see the key faults

There are various faults that could be causing this check fuses again and the earths under the bonnet.

Economy mode is BECAUSE its not starting your windows and radio will now not work either.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
When you can get in the, does the drivers door open from the inside?

If so, try to start the car, turn the key to the off position and leave it in the ignition. Open the drivers door if possible - does the car beep with the door open?

Check the voltage across the battery too, and post the voltage on here. It should be 12v minimum. Anything less can cause strange problems on certain injection systems

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you can get in the, does the drivers door open from the inside?

If so, try to start the car, turn the key to the off position and leave it in the ignition. Open the drivers door if possible - does the car beep with the door open?

Check the voltage across the battery too, and post the voltage on here. It should be 12v minimum. Anything less can cause strange problems on certain injection systems
Hi,

Yes the driver door can be opened from the inside, when the car was working, if you do forget the key in the ignition and open driver door it will make sound .... now it doesnt, same as if you forgot to turn out the lights.

Last time we tested the battery it had 12V, the car have been tested with brand new battery at local garage.

regards,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your key is not being seen by the car thats why its not starting the central locking and the chip that allows starting are 2 separate parts.

Delphi does not go into enough depth to see the key faults

There are various faults that could be causing this check fuses again and the earths under the bonnet.

Economy mode is BECAUSE its not starting your windows and radio will now not work either.
Hi yes i am already in contact with someone that have the necessary diag tool pp2000

communicating with him to seethe possibility of meeting ..

the soon i get it done i will share the diag result .

Thx.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The car has forgotten the key for some reason. You might need the key code to get the car and key talking to each other again.

Whilst you were at the GP's had you done anything with the key (ie. dropped it, taken it apart etc)?

Could it have been possible that lights were left on or something else allowing the battery voltage to drain and drop? Siemens injection systems (on the 90hp) are known to wipe the BSI if the battery voltage drops too low, this is why I asked about the battery.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car has forgotten the key for some reason. You might need the key code to get the car and key talking to each other again.

Whilst you were at the GP's had you done anything with the key (ie. dropped it, taken it apart etc)?

Could it have been possible that lights were left on or something else allowing the battery voltage to drain and drop? Siemens injection systems (on the 90hp) are known to wipe the BSI if the battery voltage drops too low, this is why I asked about the battery.
Both keys checked, by lockersmiths, they work, possible that connection to the car is lost. reprogramming might help.

Nothing special happened to the key while at gp place.

307 XS 75hp ---

I want to try to reset the bsi, but issue is i cant access ignition without opening the driver door as its impossible to lower the windows.

i am not sure if the car will be recognised by pp2000 as economy mode is ON?!? hmmm

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the BSI is still ok and the car has enough battery, then it should be able to communicate.
Do i need 4 digit code in order to have pp2000 running? or this can be done without it....

anyone providing this code for free here, i can provide my VIN

i have called main dealer but i have to go there myself in order to get the 4 digit code....

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
Resetting the BSI wont fix this issue if you are SURE the fuses and wiring is ok then you need to recode the keys you will need the access code and planet to do this do not waste time on anything else till you do this.

Planet will tell you how many keys are learned if ecu is paired etc and this will allow you to know if the key is the issue but it certainly sounds that way access codes are available online but not for free i would try my luck at dealers.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Is there any pp2000 tutorial with screenshots on this forum?
Not really, PP2000 has slightly different menu options depending on the model and engine of the car, as well as different software versions, so one tutorial wouldn't work for all cars, and to have a tutorial for each operation on the software for each variant of car would not be realistic.

The best way is to find someone who has done the process on a few different types of car, this way they know where to look etc.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi all

Update in regards to the reported issue.

Indeed the BSi/ECu had to be reprogrammed as it was wipped out.. but i have no clue how did it happened... as car was driving fine until i parked it to go and see my gp, and stop starting after approx. 10mn when i came back to the car. weird and very strange.

I was able to contact a pp2000 owner here in dublin, but we werent able to fix the issu by ourselves...

So had to tow the car to local peugeot dealer .. thx God i had AA membership , so all towing done for free.. 4 times... town--home--garage1-home-garage2

So they have reprogrammed the car bsi/ecu and according to them its running fine now again, i will collect it this Friday... will confirm full functionality then..

have to pay them 200e vat included ... hmmm

hope the same will not occur in near future ...

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
200 EUROS for a dealer to fix it is actually pretty good !!

I would get someone to be sure the main earths and battery connections are all good to be sure thats not what caused it in first place.

Did you ask the dealers for the security code just incase.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
200 EUROS for a dealer to fix it is actually pretty good !!

I would get someone to be sure the main earths and battery connections are all good to be sure thats not what caused it in first place.

Did you ask the dealers for the security code just incase.
Yeah i know, i was being told that it might cost me over 800e to have it fixed, so i am kind of relieved ... no need to put that kind of money into 15years old car... the car run just great and is still confortable ...why i still have it.. but thinking of upgrading soon..

Anyway i think these issues should be fixed free of charge by peugeot ... seems to be known issues ... my opinion :D

I got the key code for free from them, and have it for myself now.

they also run the diag for free, normally 90e+ vat i guess they charge, but will be checking friday for what i have been charged exactly...

I will ask them for the main earths thing when collecting the car... i do hope to get at least like 1 year warranty on the repair... :cool::D

i will buy pp2000 kit soon french one .. just in case and familiarise ..

Could you advise for which kit/sw version to go for, stable one? french as it seems impossible to change interface language in pp2000...

thx

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
ALL planet systems are chinese clones and language is picked during install so you can do any language you want.

Just buy any recent version and you will be fine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ALL planet systems are chinese clones and language is picked during install so you can do any language you want.

Just buy any recent version and you will be fine.

alright thx.

Got the car back today, peugeot is saying that issue was caused by battery.

It went flat to a certain level and caused bsi/ecu to be wiped.

battery fully charged, tested no need to replace it as it fine as per test result .. holding charge...

5+ years old battery.

Anyway car is running again as before ...so happy days

Thx all for your input.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts