Peugeot Forums banner

HELP _ Wierd starting issue on 1.1 206

3K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  VIJILANTS 
#1 ·
Hi

Can someone please urgently help me.

The car is a 206 1.1 2004 model with a mere 40,000 miles.

After parking the car overnight, the car turns over but fails to start. It is as though there is no spark or fuel.

I read the codes with the ignition on and there were several...

Po261, 267,270,264 - Cyl 1,3,4,2, injector low circuit
352, 352 - Ignition Coli B, A
135 - sensor heater bank.

Also no beep when you put the key in the ignition. central locking works fine.

ECO MOD on the display and no radio, or wipers functional when the ignition is on, but according to my research this is supposed to be ok in ECO mode.

I did the battery off , battery on reset procedure, but still nothing.

Then I replaced the crank position sensor thinking that may be the fault, but still the same.

Then I go the following day and try to start it, and bang it fires up straight away.

I sit in the car for 15 min warming it up and then there is a click and the engine immediately cuts out. Again no start....it spins but it is as though there is no ignition and fuel.

Again no bleep when the door is open but this time, in position 1 on the ignition, without the ignition on, the battery warning indicator lights up, and that shouldn't happen.

We desperately need to get the car running again as we depend on it so any thoughts, advice would be very helpful.

Also I don't seem to find a wiring diagram for this model anywhere. I found a website that states the injection type is HFX = Monotronic MP7.4.4

Thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like a wiring issue somewhere check earths on the engine and body

Could also be the key is not being read properly hence no beep if it wont beep it wont start

Eco mode is a symptom ignore it and the radio not working etc they are all BECAUSE its in eco mode and once it starts eco goes away

Battery symbol in position 1 is correct im sure

#3 ·
Thank you.

I don't think the battery indicator should come on in position 1. It should come on when the ignition is switched on with the rest of the dash lights.

Do you know where I can source a wiring diagram for this car ? I can see that finding this issue is going to be a nightmare !

#5 ·
Great....thanks. I didn't notice that before.

I need to track down a wiring diagram for this particular model. The fusebox in the engine compartment is a Siemens BM3 but I havn't fully identified the ecu manufacturer as yet.

There are several wiring diagrams out there so I guess it is important to get the right one.

I think the double function relay is built in to the engine fusebox on this model and that's where I planned to start.

The weird thing was after it cut out, the key stopped bleeping. I presume if that happens, no way will it start. Not fully sure as to what would cause that.

#10 ·
Hi VIJILANTS,
If there is no spark at the coil pack and no fuel at the injector rail this is exactly what you would get if the immobilizer isn't coming off. If it's the same with both keys then the immobilizer ring on the ignition switch would be my prime suspect. The ring itself is just a coil of wire so in itself never fails, its the connector that gives the problem. Re seating the plug several times often fixes it temporarily.
Drop the underside cowl on the steering to reveal the ignition switch, locate the immobilizer ring and follow the wires back a short distance to a small white plug.
Hope this helps.
Bill

#11 ·
Thanks Bill,

To be honest, that is also what I thought. However there appears to be conflicting info on this. Some people say that if the immobilser has cut the engine, you should not be able to access the ECU via a scanning tool, and in a non start state I am able to access the ECU and read codes.

However, I will check that area.

I desperately need a wiring diagram.

#12 ·
The 'P' codes you are getting suggest that there is no power to the fuel pump or the ignition so you could verify that with a test meter, this could be the immobilizer or some other fault. If it was a fuse it would not be intermittent so I guess you can rule that out. I've never come across a full schematic or even a good wiring diagram for these cars but hopefully someone may have one. Fingers crossed. I use Peugeot Planet but not ever used it without a functioning key. I would have thought it would at least be possible to interrogate the BSI which might shed some light.
The plug on the immobilizer ring is a known fault, I've seen it twice, both times with strange and intermittent starting problems.
Bill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.