Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

We just got our first 'depollution system faulty' This occurred just after the car loss a little power going up a I in 8 hill at approx 80kms approx 5 mins from home. The car didn't lose power after that but the engine autodiagnostics light has stayed on. This is the first time this warning has ever occurred

Our car is a 2009 2.0 HDi sw [aduto] that has done 111,000kms [it just had the rear main seal replaced too]
It has plenty of motorway time so I don't think its the DPF needing to do a burn cycle ?

I read all the threads and it appears this could be any number of issues...

Questions:

1. Have any other 2.0 HDi owners had this ?
2. Should we continue to drive this weekend until we can get it diagnosed ? [its our only car]
3. I read that when this occurs the car can go into 'limp' mode. If this occurs I assume we can continue to drive the car [but I read its limits to 2K rpm ?]
4. Is there anything I can do or check ?

Regards

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Read the new member fao in the introduction section as you need it on planet or diagbox unless you want to spend all your money and time changing parts that done need changing

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Read the new member fao in the introduction section as you need it on planet or diagbox unless you want to spend all your money and time changing parts that done need changing
Thank you for your reply. I did searched all the threads. Rest assured I have no intention of having parts changed without knowing the exact issue etc. I'm optimistic my dealer will read the diag code at no or little cost. Note I'm in NZ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts