Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to the forum. I've done some searching but cant find the answer.

I have just bought a Peugeot 307 2.0 HDI XSI [136].

The Radio has been replaced by the dealer due to a fault with the original manufacturer one.

Now that the radio has been replaced the Multi function display is completely blank. I spoke to the dealer and he said that its because the original radio has been removed but i think otherwise.

I went to halfords (i know they're not mechanics) who said they would expect the RDS information to not display but other information (Trip Computer, Time etc) to still display.

Can anyone say whether the Multi Function display should work? It worked when we test drove (When the original radio was in).

Thanks in advance.

Delveh

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
The time and date should be there no matter what radio is in, check bulbs , fuse and lead at back,
aftermarket radio will not display stations .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Removed the bulbs and at least 2 have filament knocking around in them. I'll get replacements (3 heard its best to replace them all and hopefully that's the end of that!

Thanks for your help bettyswollocks!

·
11,766 Posts
Yep, replace them all at the same time. That way they'll be from the same batch.

I replaced one once and it was brighter than the other two so it looked a bit odd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The saga with the dealer continues. The auto electrician who looked at the original issue with the car (engine management light on and anti pollution fault) turned the MFD off because the anti pollution fault wouldn't go away. Removed the radio as apparently faulty too.

They're going to turn the MFD back on, and replace bulbs however I'm concerned they're trying to overlook the anti pollution fault.

The car had been stood for a whole on the forecourt so could it just be that it need the regeneration to kick in? How can i tell if the regeneration cycle has started? Will this display on the MFD?

Anyone any other thoughts? If its still got the anti pollution fault on then should a peugeot garage be able to find the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Delveh

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Crappy garage that turns of the fault light instead of fixing the fault , wonder would they take out the bulb for the engine management light if they could , I would start recording everything they say or do .

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Completely agree! Keep you updated after Wednesday!

I won't be letting it rest. Only bought the car Saturday!

·
11,766 Posts
The saga with the dealer continues. The auto electrician who looked at the original issue with the car (engine management light on and anti pollution fault) turned the MFD off because the anti pollution fault wouldn't go away. Removed the radio as apparently faulty too.
If I were you I'd be rejecting the car and getting a refund. Sounds like it might have lots of hidden problems.

There's plenty of other 307s out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts