Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys hope someone will be able to help.......
Had my beloved 307 03plate for just over 2 years , problems started when the abs would kick in all the time no matter how fast/hard I braked....
Looked on the forum and assumed it would be a simple 'clean abs sensor job'. It's turned into a nightmare now with no one being able to fix it.
It's had abs sensors cleaned, abs sensors replaced, abs pump replaced, abs sensor plugs replaced and at the last ditch attempt 2 new front wheel bearings. Garage have given up, be it slightly annoyed at them selves for not figuring it out (happy to take my money :mad:)! So now I have my beautiful 307 off the road without an mot feeling sorry fir itself and an owner slightly miffed and disheartened.
Anyone who can help give any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
best get it hooked up to dealer diagnostics or someone local with planet. otherwise you will be spending money on parts and labour you dont need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mechanics hooked it up and diagnosed open circuit on front drivers side wheel with a few other things they went through everything they could to try and fix it and couldn't. I'm reluctant to take it to another garage to go through the same again. I know little about cars and it's not the parts costing a fortune it's labour ! It wasnt a Peugeot dealer garage but a very reputable local one do you think I should take it to Peugeot dealer cannthe readings be that different?

·
11,766 Posts
How did they clean the ABS sensors? Did they literally remove and clean the ABS sensors or did they actually remove them and clean the part of the hub where they're mounted?

And Pr1vatepiles had a similar problem, cleaned and checked and replaced everything, only to find a micro break in one of the wires where it reached the ABS unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My husband cleaned and removed the sensors etc, removed any rust ,, put washers in to try to decrease the gap like it has helped many people. The garage we then took it too checked themselves too. My husband is going to try and replacing the wires to the sensors next., a fault like that just makes it even more frustrating. Thanks guys .

P

·
0 Posts
What I had to do was figure out which wire went from front sensor to the abs pump. I cut the wire about 5cm from where the plug went into the pump and put my multimeter on the exposed wire, I put the other probe onto the sensor, all ok. I then went from the wire I just cut to the connector itself, nothing. Had to strip the plug to bits itself and right at the very out, about a 1cm end, I saw the brake. Chopped, soldered and rebuilt. Never had a problem since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts