Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hoping someone can help for the past couple of days I keep getting verious warning lights one after the other come up on my dash, abs, braking system faulty, anti pollotion, power steering keeps failing engine management light come on, I don't know what to do! Or what's causing this I had my abs circuit bored reconditioned around two months ago everything was fine until 2days ago can anyone shed some light

·
3,296 Posts
Hi...as a start check all the battery terminals for cleanliness and make sure all are tight...check the earth wires to the body and gearbox...check battery voltage with a meter....good luck ..let us know

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
+2 to the above. Random error messages and warnig lights is generally down to bad earth connections or a battery eithe failed or low charge.

A word of caution, a battery checked with a volt meter can appear to be good when it is idle. You need to see what the voltage drops to when trying to start the engine. On a bad battery, the 12 volts it shows when the engine is off and nothing powered on can drop well below 5 volts when the starter motor is turning the engine over.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh may I add I took my car to a local garage this afternoon didn't think to ask about checking battery.. and the local garage don't seem to have a clue what was going on they pointed at the ecu... they tried plugging my car into there computer but the car wasn't communicating at all could this also be due to the battery

·
3,296 Posts
I always start at the battery with any electrical fault...there may be something more serious going on...but its very easy to point to ecu's when its not easily fixed...I would look for a garage that has more peugeot experience...or a member local to you who can help,,,,whereabouts are you...?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My partner has just informed me the ecu got replaced in march it was a reconditioned one tho with warrenty

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm starting to wonder if there could be a lose connection somewhere because I also took the car to the Peugeot dealer before I had the ecu replaced they checked the feeds and earth cables and pins and they said all of them where ok

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If your ecu was replaced due to the well known water ingress issues that peugeot claim to know very little about then i would now be checking the underbonnet fusebox and the wiring thoroughly

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The water ingress problem is NOT rain water it comes from the washer bottle and the coolant sensor.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Ok, they learned from that faux pas then.

Jade_b - I read on your other post that it was the ABS ECU that was swapped/reconditioned. Is this still the case or was it another ECU?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Your car has at least 6 items that could be classed as ECUs !!

Most people refer to the main engine one as the ecu though

·
Registered
877 Posts
i take it it was the abs ecu that was reconditioned, but have seen them having little more than a sonic shower on you tube as they use push pin connectors.

send it off again or swap for a good one, and as others have said check for water in main ecu and fusebox plugs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update: I took the car to get the battery tested.. it is very low but they tried to do a dignostics for the abs but they couldn't get a reading from it

1 - 20 of 36 Posts