Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just had our previous car written off by a van, we decided to try a Peugeot as we have been impressed by a neighbour's 207. We purchased a 2013 (62) 308 SW Access 1.6 HDI 92 with 11k miles at an offer we couldn't refuse and look forward to finding out all its little quirks. We are new to Peugeots but not to French cars as we have a Citroen BX Mk1 and have has an ID19, DS21 & 2 GS's so quirks are something we really are used to! This forum seems to be a mine of useful information and I'm sure we will be using it a lot over the coming years (vans permitting).
Ian

· Registered
279 Posts
My impression of Peugeots, so far, is that the engine and electrics seem to be fairly reliable and they look lovely, but it's the small things that seem to break, like sunroofs, heaters, displays, handles etc.. Things that you can maybe forget about, or do a DIY job on yourself.

I got my car, listed in the footer, for cheap (€450) and it had loads of little things that weren't working.. I've fixed most things myself for free, or buying something small online like a clip etc... or narrowed it down with Peugeot Planet (a Lexia3 cable could be a big money saving investment if you're into DIY, instead of going to a dealer every time a light or fault presents itself).

There's some great help in the forum here though..

That's just my experiences and opinion though, others may disagree!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.