Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Paul & I am from North West Lancashire.
The Peugeot we have just bought is a 1997 106 XT.
It is going to be used as a second car/around town car.

In the distant past I have owned a good few Peugeots.
All of them were either 309 or 205's ranging from a 309gld that was my first Peugeot to a 309gti that was my last Peugeot before a long gap then along came the 106.

I had been looking for a 309/205 (5 door automatic) but they were all either too far away or too expensive.
We found the 106xt (5 door auto) locally & it has a few issues but apart from a few scratches & parking dents its not bad for its age. (not counting the few issues (sunroof sealed with silicone and still leaking, flashing airbag light, loose trim due to snapped clips etc)

The interior is a bit dirty but its a nice place to be & it drives quite well.
Its got a folder full of receipts including a new/recon auto gearbox that's done less than 10,000miles since it was fitted.

My hobbies are mainly model related these days ranging from 1/14 Trucks and trailers to sci-fi models ranging from plastic kits to paper models.
In the past I have built and owned a couple of kit cars but needing space for the children and dog means they had to go & a 4/5 door car makes life so much easier.

I plan to improve the 106 by firstly sorting out the known issues and then moving on to improving the looks by giving it a machine polish & some general tidying up.

·
4,164 Posts
HI....welcome.....be carefull with a machine polish..My neighbour back in the day reduced his dull 405 into a totally matt 405 by removing all the lacquer...ps..I did warn him as well.....gently does it.....

Reactions: Eureka

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome's.
Thanks for the reminder about the paint. I will be using a da polisher & not going for a show finish just want to get it better than it is & then get some sealant on to give it some protection.
With the last owner being quite elderly (she is in her 70's) I doubt its been polished in the last 12 years she had owned it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.