Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name's Matt, I'm 22 and just purchased an 03 307 110 Dturbo. It's a 3dr in silver and has the sp kit on. Couple of things I would like to ask about the cars, but I'll start a thread in the relevant section.

Regards,
Matt.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello Matt. I have to say I have the rather dubious honour of owning (I'm nearly certain) the first ever 307 D Turbo in the country, which I bought back in 2001. I hope you enjoy owning yours as much as I hated mine....:thumb:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was less than impressed to be fair. :lol:

Annoyingly, the front carpets were too small for the car and they used to pull away from the door strips where they were held.

The gearbox started whining at about 5k miles and Peugeot said that it was normal, and they all did it. I asked why mine had taken 5k miles to become normal and they didn't have an answer.

The auto wipers were useless. They came on when it was torrential rain and went mad, then stayed on when the rain had subsided to a slight dampening of the windscreen. Also, they made an awful clunk as they reached the top of their wipe and turned to come back down. I found myself driving without the wipers in the end as they were so annoying.

The auto headlights worked fine, coming on when it was dusk. However, they'd randomly go off for no reason, usually when driving down the Yorkshire Dales at midnight. That's scary. Peugeot said there was nothing wrong with them.

I was averaging about 36mpg. Now I wouldn't mind 36mpg if it was a quick car, but I had petrol economy with diesel performance when I really wanted it the other way round. The first Peugeot dealer told me it was winter and it was to be expected. The second dealer I went to told me that he'd had a bloke in with the same problem a week earlier and despite anything they tried it wasn't going to get any better. That's the way it stayed. I managed 44mpg on a drive down to Harwich when we went on holiday, driving very carefully, and being overtaken by hgvs. After we got home I sold the pig and bought a VW Bora.

There's probably many other things but I seem to have blanked them from my memory. I swore then that I'd never buy a Peugeot again while I had a hole in my arse. But I relented and bought a Citroen Berlingo 2.0ltr HDI van, and just sold that (with 250k miles on it) and bought a 1.6 HDI Partner van. So far things are not too bad....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blimey that's bad! I'm hoping mine will have had most of its faults fixed by now. Vag diesels are awesome, just cost so much. I had a Seat Ibiza 130 TDi a few years back, that went well and was so reliable!

We had one of those 1600 HDi partner vans at my old job, pulled like a train! The 1400 HDi bipper they have pulls well for its class too!

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Bora has since gone, as has the next Bora we got, and we now have a Seat Altea with the 2.0ltr TDI 140 engine. Ibiza is a bit too small for us really even though they're really nippy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts