Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... I've just bought a second hand 607 and I have to admit to being amazed at how good a car it is.
I'm aware that it is fairly thirsty but my two previous cars were a Discovery(16 mpg) and a BMW735(22mpg) so I'm well aquainted with the staff at my local petrol station:D
I'm pretty useless when it comes to fixing anything mechanical so anything major will be done by my local garage but I like to have a go at the easier fixes and hopefully you can explain them to me!
So far I've had to replace the wipers because the squeaking was so annoying. I managed to do it without scratching paintwork or breaking anything:thumb:
I can't get the reverse park distance thing to work either, when I select reverse there is a short beep followed by a longer beep then nothing. According to the handbook this signals an operating fault but it doesn't say what could be wrong. Anyone else had this or have any idea what could be wrong? I think I'll have to take it to a Peugeot garage to have it sorted.
Anyway I still look like the cat that got the cream and wish I had further to travel to work. I think I'll need a few hefty repair bills to wipe the smile off my face:D

·
Registered
862 Posts
McGoo607 said:
... I've just bought a second hand 607 and I have to admit to being amazed at how good a car it is.
I'm aware that it is fairly thirsty but my two previous cars were a Discovery(16 mpg) and a BMW735(22mpg) so I'm well aquainted with the staff at my local petrol station:D
I'm pretty useless when it comes to fixing anything mechanical so anything major will be done by my local garage but I like to have a go at the easier fixes and hopefully you can explain them to me!
So far I've had to replace the wipers because the squeaking was so annoying. I managed to do it without scratching paintwork or breaking anything:thumb:
I can't get the reverse park distance thing to work either, when I select reverse there is a short beep followed by a longer beep then nothing. According to the handbook this signals an operating fault but it doesn't say what could be wrong. Anyone else had this or have any idea what could be wrong? I think I'll have to take it to a Peugeot garage to have it sorted.
Anyway I still look like the cat that got the cream and wish I had further to travel to work. I think I'll need a few hefty repair bills to wipe the smile off my face:D

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:
Glad to hear that you like the big pug so much. The 607 always was (and is) an underrated car. As for the reverse parking warning one of the sensors is probably broken/damaged/disconnected. Havent replaced one before but dont imagine it would be a big job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the moose said:
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:
Glad to hear that you like the big pug so much. The 607 always was (and is) an underrated car. As for the reverse parking warning one of the sensors is probably broken/damaged/disconnected. Havent replaced one before but dont imagine it would be a big job.
Hi Moose,
I agree it is a very underrated car. I was looking at four or five different cars in my price range on autotrader and the 607 was by far the best. I wanted an automatic with cruise control and leather seats so there were a couple of Honda Legends, a Volvo S40 and a Saab but the 607 had the same toys as the others plus sat nav and pdc. I'm not really knowledgable on cars so I looked up a few reviews online and they described the 607 as 'lavishly equipped but lacks badge prestige'. I'm not bothered what badge is on the front and I would have to have paid at least five thousand more to have a BMW or Mercedes with a similar spec.
I'll see if I can see anything wrong with the sensors, thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
McGoo607 said:
welcome MCgoo, and good to hear that u like it, a lot of ppl only talk on pugeot forums when they have something bad to say

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have got a same problem with my reverse parking sensors... Please guys share any experiences, if anyone has been able to fix it..

McGoo bigman, have you managed to fix the sensors ???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts