Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to say hi. I joined today as I get my Black 1.2 GT Line tomorrow. I've been a lurker, reading a few things on here but not posting. Thought it was time I joined.

My Qashqai Tekna is being serviced and having its first MOT today so I can sell it from tomorrow. Cant wait for the 3008....ordered it without seeing one in the flesh in January.

Thanks for all the advice so far.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

Must admit, never thought I'd buy a french car again after a nightmare with my first car back in the day. But with obviously quality changes by all manufacturers and the stunning design of the new 3008 I really had no choice ;)

Owned 4 Alfas in recent years so design in important to me. They really have hit it out of the park with the 3008.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hi Cherriesfan,

I've had french cars since the mid 80s when Peugeot came up with the 405. Ground braking in it's day with the super smooth, quiet diesel engine. Pretty good all round car too. Had Peugeots ever since and tbh I've been very happy with them overall. Of course you can get the occasional pig but that can happen with a Bently. I had an Alpha spyder once. Nice car when it wasn't on the back of a rescue truck!

Grumpy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Cherriesfan,

I've had french cars since the mid 80s when Peugeot came up with the 405. Ground braking in it's day with the super smooth, quiet diesel engine. Pretty good all round car too. Had Peugeots ever since and tbh I've been very happy with them overall. Of course you can get the occasional pig but that can happen with a Bently. I had an Alpha spyder once. Nice car when it wasn't on the back of a rescue truck!

Grumpy
Agree, you can only go with your experiences (and financial mistakes :( )

I only have new cars now after bad experiences in the past with second hand cars. Others quite happy run older cars and think im nuts. But I like to know how much I pay every month, not be hit for a £2k bill when the engine drops out :D

We have a Mito Sporting at the moment...gorgeous car and great fun to drive. I had a 159Ti in the past. Like a work of art, but too heavy and chewed through its tyres at around 4000 miles for the fronts. Crazy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another convert from the Qashqai joins the 3008 party... there are a quite a few of us now it would appear!

Welcome and have fun tomorrow (ps it is so much better than the QQ)!
Thanks! :)

I wanted a hybrid "SUV" but most companies are bizarrely ignoring the sector at the moment. Mitsubishi has shown that people will even pay over the odds for a 10 year old designed car if it has a PHEV power plant in it. I didnt want to pay what they were asking so decided on a 2 year lease until the others join the party in 18 months. The QQ made sense 3 years ago and was cutting edge. Technologies moved on though and while its getting an impressive tech upgrade, its now a bit boring when before it was new.

So here I am. Looking forward to tomorrow :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well I agree with you both. As im also a previous QQ owner, I feel that Nissan have definitely missed the boat, even with their new facelifted version which is a shame as it was once a class leader. Driving and owning the 3008 to me is like a breath of fresh air.

Good luck tomorrow CherriesFan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.