Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i have a Peugeot 308 1.6 Hdi 90 bhp no DPF, with aircon, year 2000

I am only getting 30 degrees heat in car about 40 degrees when driving, but if i use the boost function i am getting 50 degrees approx. I know Peugeots have heater problems but im sure i should be getting more heat than this so i flushed out matrix at mains water pressure, it looked a good flow in both directions as i saw on the you tube video for a 308.

I have replaced thermostat and bled the system of air using both bleed valves, ie, bleed valve on top matrix hose and the other at thermostat location but im still getting the same Temperatures.
Could it still be the matrix even though i got good flow and clean water, or is there a heater flap or motor on this model

any info would be grateful.
Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same issue when I first got my car 4 Years’s ago. Same car. The garage flushed it and like you it was still only warm and couldn’t believe it was so bad. They re did it but this time flushed for longer and ran for awhile when still getting just warm and then bleeding quite a few times to get all air out and then wow so so hot now, so either run and keep bleeding or re flush but it does get better and now I think the hottest I’ve ever had in a car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heater now working

Thanks for reply Scorpion69

I did the reflush again and i got the same clean flow of water, but now and then i noticed a slow flow, so i kept on flushing both directions.

I also used my jet wash on it, which is not supposed to be recommended because of the high pressures it can produce, but i used it through a clear hose with one end in the matrix and the lance in the other end pulling in air with the jetted water so it wouldnt put in to much pressure inside the matrix.

I bled the system and it worked.

I didnt drain the system as i had new antifreeze in the coolant, so I closed the hoses to the matrix with mole grips on each hose.

Thanks Buddy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts