Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, over the last couple of days, the heater has failed twice. The reading on the display is fine but it only blows cold air. The problem disappeared after turning off the car for a few minutes and then it is fine on restarting. Anyone got any ideas??
Thanks
DOK

D

·
0 Posts
Sounding like the start of the dreaded heater box flaps breaking.
Turn off all vents except the middle two above radio and set the temp to max. blower to max also.
Are the temps coming from both vents the same?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi David, just tried your suggestion. The vents were blowing hot air from both sides. Am I correct in saying that the flaps are what directs the hot air to different parts of the car? If so, if they were broken/ in the process of breaking, wouldn't hot air still be coming out of some of the vents and I wouldn't be able to direct it? What has happened ( on a couple of occasions) is that it's only cold air that flows from all the vents. I had a look at other heater problems on the forum and the fix seems to be to take the dash out and replace the heater matrix!:eek: That would cost huge bucks!:eek:

D

·
0 Posts
Usually when they break you'll have cold out one and hot oth the other.
Did you turn the temp up to max doing that test?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crikey, I wasn't expecting such a quick reply!:)

Yes, I has both the heat and the blower up to max.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder would it have anything to do with the thermostat? If so,would anyone know where this is located?

D

·
0 Posts
You could also have a problem with the exterior temp sensor on the passenger mirror ( its on one of them anyway)
Get a diagnostic check done and find out what the exterior temp sensor is reading.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I take it that wouldn't show up on the dash warning lights? Peugeot in Galway are charging 75 euro for a diagnostic though my local mechanic has some software with which he can read faults. I wonder are the 2 the same?

D

·
0 Posts
I take it that wouldn't show up on the dash warning lights? Peugeot in Galway are charging 75 euro for a diagnostic though my local mechanic has some software with which he can read faults. I wonder are the 2 the same?
Arch Motors? I know them. Your local mechanic most likely won't be able to diaogue with the aircon ecu though.
What does your exterior temp read on the dash?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Says 9 degrees at the moment which I would imagine is about right. Mind you, it was saying 7 degrees last night when it was working properly ( and there was plenty of fog about at the time).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just regarding the air con. There is a "rasping" noise from it when I turn it on. My mechanic says it sounds like it needs to be refilled. (This was a couple of months ago:eek:)

D

·
0 Posts
Just regarding the air con. There is a "rasping" noise from it when I turn it on. My mechanic says it sounds like it needs to be refilled. (This was a couple of months ago:eek:)
It won't come on if there is no gas in it. He should know that!
Did he do a pressure check?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To be fair to him, I just mentioned it one day I met him ( rather than when he was actually working on the car and he recommended a place to take the car to and they would fix it). I take it the two problems wouldn't be related?

P.S. Thanks for all the help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts