Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my daughter got her car back on Monday after a timing belt kit and water pump replacement and coolant refill. She rings me today to say the passenger footwell is full of water, so when i went to take a look its full of green liquid, coolant? i rang the garage and they said it could be the heater rad leaking, could this be related to the job earlier in the week?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Could be if the pipes were disturbed, the seal may have been broken and leading to a leak of fluid.

Get up under the dash and take a look at the heater matrix and make sure the pipe is secure and leak free...also look for any wet trails that may lead to a split in the pipe etc.

Obviously this would be best to do when the engine is stone cold as to reduce chances of scalds etc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 of the 3 bolts on the heater matrix where they join to the pipes were missing! Would they need to go at these bolts or heater matrix during the refilling of the coolant system, I can feel a row coming on when I go back to the garage Monday

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
garage reakons its an internal leak in the heater matrix, I have my doubts ! another €120 :-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts