Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my problem I get no heat in the cabin I have bled the system following te above, car temp guage only move when stationary ad only to half way but I never hear the fans and once moving again it goes right back to cold, I have had a small amoun of milky residue under oil filler cap but no issues with running can this be resolved with k-seal? Any ideas about the heating the top rad hose gets hot I don't get water bursting out the expansion tank when it's been running or when it's off and engine is running? Wife really likes the car so I have to try it's the 1.4 16v petrol model on a 2004 with 115 thou on it oil in sump is not contaminated neither is coolant please help !?!?!?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I would check you have a thermostat fitted K seal is not a good idea on any engine

from cold when you start without moving does the top hose get warm quite quickly ?

the other thing to try is to flush the coolant system and trying to reverse flush through the heater hoses the other possibility is the switch not working for the internal heat

P

·
0 Posts
Here is my problem I get no heat in the cabin I have bled the system following te above, car temp guage only move when stationary ad only to half way but I never hear the fans and once moving again it goes right back to cold, I have had a small amoun of milky residue under oil filler cap but no issues with running can this be resolved with k-seal? Any ideas about the heating the top rad hose gets hot I don't get water bursting out the expansion tank when it's been running or when it's off and engine is running? Wife really likes the car so I have to try it's the 1.4 16v petrol model on a 2004 with 115 thou on it oil in sump is not contaminated neither is coolant please help !?!?!?
Fan isn't going to kick in until engine is really hot. Mine has done it once when needle just hit the red when stood in traffic for a while.

Needle is going to increase when stood as no air is getting in and will go back down when on move.

My temp can be anywhere from 70-80 on a normal day, as i've said will go up when stood.

Milky residue under oil cap, sign of head gasket failure isn't it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts