Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we went out last night, got a little chilly so switched the heater to warm. all good her side but oh dear mine is duff. read the bits on the forum and it sounds a little tricky. was wondering if any body in kent has had a go at it. regards.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If it needs replacing it's not to hard to cut into the side pull out the broken one and replace it.

Done a few now like that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup as i feared, did play with the air direction and heat buttons but made no difference, but thought i may hear some noises from inside the box, but nothing.....

·
Registered
177 Posts
what i do id.

Go the scarp yard and remove a good, then use strong resion and cover the bar that snaps init to help make new flap stronger.

now remove all the bits so u can see the motor the turns the flap.

drill 4 holes around where the flap motor is, big enough to pull the flap out, use the flap from the scarpy to mark out the drill holes. now cut around the drill holes and remove the broken flap.

put the new flap in, make sure its stright, glue the bit of plastic u cut out. screw the motor back on. and should be job done. make sure the flap turns ok before glueing it back to geather.

·
Registered
177 Posts
it may sound hard, but its not. just like anything its about taking time.

the hard part can be finding a good flap at the scrap yard lol.

you can buy new flaps, they come in pairs for about £70

1 - 20 of 21 Posts