496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the cost?

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster
£240, this was for repairing the old shafts not putting new ones in (the way they braced them makes them stronger than new ones anyway) I have pics of the repair but they may not appreciate them being public. Just round the corner from you looking at your location:)

I was thinking of trying it myself cutting the heater box open as some have done but as everything I attempt turns to s*** and I don't have much spare time I thought I'd let someone else do it. The ridiculous price quoted by Dealers for this job is totally unjustified. It was nice having the aircon working both sides today and no fears for winter now.

C

·
0 Posts
Very good price that. One of cheapest I've heard of for dash out job:thumbup:

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
39 Posts
Doncaster is close enough for me.

Do you reccomend these guys to do this?

Dont think i can face another winter with my driver side blowing freezing air no matter how i try to block the vents.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got my heater box fixed at weekend at RTN Auto Service In Doncaster.

I cannot praise these guys high enough. Arrived at 9am and by 11 am they had removed and repaired the heater box, none of this cutting, and replaced the whole lot.

When i arrived back at the garage by 10:30 my dash and steering wheel were all laid out on the floor and i though i would be there for hours, no problem to these guys it was back in and tested within 20 mins.

Nice to have toasty toes again on a cold morning.

£240 for a repair was a good deal to me.

http://www.rtnpeugeotcitroen.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2167660-PEUGEOT-407-HEATER-BOX-REPAIR-NEW-HEATER-FLAPS-SUPPLY-AND-FIT.html
:thumb:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Unfortunately, just discovered today that my drivers side shaft has broken again (cold air on max). Very disappointed as it looked a solid job. Passenger side still looks intact for now. I don't fancy paying for the dash being taken apart again nor trust these things to hold out given a similar repair job, the plastic must be a very weak composition so I have ordered a pair of the new improved ones off ebay. I shall be fitting these myself cutting in the side. I've seen lots of video's and info on this so feel pretty confident in getting the job done, trickiest part could be removing the airbag if anyone has any tips? I'm just wondering if there is some serious fault with the servo causing it to twist the flap around beyond it's limits. It's a diabolical and ridiculous fault with these cars that just should not happen with any car! I'm just lucky it didn't happen while it was really cold.
Don't buy a 407 basically.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi wayne sorry to here about your heater flaps, how much warranty time did they give you,i would be ringing them and and kick up a bit of a fuss, maybe the job was not done up to their usual standard,if they are a decent outfit they will re do the job free of charge.i would give them a bell anyway,what have you got to lose,worth a try mate.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi wayne sorry to here about your heater flaps, how much warranty time did they give you,i would be ringing them and and kick up a bit of a fuss, maybe the job was not done up to their usual standard,if they are a decent outfit they will re do the job free of charge.i would give them a bell anyway,what have you got to lose,worth a try mate.
Cheers for the concern Stuart. Job was done 18 months ago and I really can't remember discussing warranty with them. The price I paid was very very cheap considering what Peugeot charge. I did not have new flaps fitted so to be honest I doubt they would guarantee the job beyond a few months. Just gutted it has broke as it looked so solid. I've no probs doing the job myself and it will be good experience. Anyway I want to buy a coupe like yours next matey, keep looking at them on autotrader. Hope it running OK, take care mate.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bad news there matey - think you are doing the right thing emailing as they told me they could never break now after they had strengthened them.

Let us know how it goes

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bad news there matey - think you are doing the right thing emailing as they told me they could never break now after they had strengthened them.

Let us know how it goes
Well there's a turn up. They have offered to fit new flaps free of charge in 2 weeks time. They must be as surprised as I am that it broke.

Top Blokes :thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts