Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly - Hello everyone - I'm new to this forum from today.

I've just bought a used Boxer campervan and I'm very pleased with it, but I have noticed the heater blower is not fed via the ignition switch, ie I can switch on the blower even with no key in the ignition. This is fine as long as I remember to switch the blower off, but presumably this is not meant to be the way it should work. Before I go tracing wiring etc does anyone know of a common fault that could cause this?

Damn! First post and I've already made a typo (Permanently) :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peugeot parTner 1.6 HDI 2007 heater

Hi the heater on the above vehicle is only blowing on the highest fan setting and is also blowing cold.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Firstly - Hello everyone - I'm new to this forum from today.

I've just bought a used Boxer campervan and I'm very pleased with it, but I have noticed the heater blower is not fed via the ignition switch, ie I can switch on the blower even with no key in the ignition. This is fine as long as I remember to switch the blower off, but presumably this is not meant to be the way it should work. Before I go tracing wiring etc does anyone know of a common fault that could cause this?

Damn! First post and I've already made a typo (Permanently) :)
I'd guess on a previous owner altering the wiring to enable the heater to run without the engine running thinking they could have warm air blowing. Probably couldn't be bothered putting it back when they found out the warm air soon goes cold without the water pump circulating the water through the matrix.

As you say - it's fine as it is as long as you remember to switch it off when taking the key out. I'd be tempted to try and wire it up correctly or as a last resort, wire in a relay switched by an ignition controlled live feed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts