Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i havwe a 2003 2.2hdi and the heater fan has stopped working display still works but no fan at all would appreciate any pointers cheers

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
biggyin said:
i havwe a 2003 2.2hdi and the heater fan has stopped working display still works but no fan at all would appreciate any pointers cheers
sounds like the obvious... fuse!!

have u checked it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi have checked all the fuses and they are all fine . car is dual climate air conditioning model any other suggestions i would be more than grateful

·
Registered
239 Posts
there is a resistor in the system though im not familiar with your system but is is a common cause on the audi,

the resistor is located near the internal fan motor if this helps.

·
Registered
184 Posts
pugbod said:
there is a resistor in the system though im not familiar with your system but is is a common cause on the audi,

the resistor is located near the internal fan motor if this helps.
The 307 also suffers from dodgy resistor issues. Well more the wiring at the resistor, but again its in the internal fan motor.
607 issue may be similar?

·
Registered
102 Posts
fan heater not working

is it a big job, is it a peugeot main dealer or can you get your local fitter to do it (can you give me a brief run down on how to repair it or approx how much will it cost please.

·
Registered
150 Posts
collyflowercheese said:
replaced resistor now everything is working fine.
my heater on my 03 307 only works on 1.3.4 work but is not got climate control is this the same issue? how much was resistor? and is it a a easy job to do after taking glove box out? sorry for so many questions :lol:

·
Registered
102 Posts
heater fan

my car is the 607, not sure about 307, mine was approx £50, easy peasy to fit just look at the new one then u will have an idea wot ur looking for took bout 5 mins...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, I dont need to know the fuse, If anyone knows where the connection is to just disconnect the fans that would be great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
fans

Hi, I dont need to know the fuse, If anyone knows where the connection is to just disconnect the fans that would be great.
would not recommend this course of action, you WILL get stuck in traffic at some time and she'll overheat

·
Registered
32 Posts
fan

Guys, I am new to all this but i am not completely stupid, I need to disconnect while i try and programme ecu, as its draining the battery.

any way I have found fuse now and had to resort to removing ecu from car to try and bench flash and have now discovered the galletto doesnt actually have the right connector to just bench flash

If anyone can help please do.

G

·
Why are they draining the battery?

Sounds to me like you have more problems than just trying to do a flash of an ECU :nod:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,

are your intentions to help me? or for me to teach you whilst I am trying to sort out a real chrisis.

When the ecu has problems these cars can sometimes start the fans on full pelt as soon as the ignition is turned to on. This is without even starting the car. This is whats happening to me.

G

·
are your intentions to help me? or for me to teach you whilst I am trying to sort out a real chrisis.
Hang on there a minute.... there is no need to start getting sarcastic!!!

If you posted the full story to begin with.... then you may well have got more useful answers from us!!!!!

Don't come in half way through, add some more to the thread, and then start on like this - each member is only here to help one another, but can only do this if told the full picture from the beginning!!!!!

Plus, you've added on to someone else's thread about a completely different subject - why not have started your own thread and posted the actual reasons/problem??

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi,

sorry, I am not being sarcastic, I am being blunt as i am going absolutely mad here trying to fix my car and although I appreciate any help I can get I do not have time to explain the full story, I know the things I need doing but dont know how to do them.

This is the last day before I go back to work and I have about an hour of sunlight left and then thats it.

All I want is straight forward answers to my questions. The full story is not necessary and impossible given the limited time left.

Today was my last shot to get the problem resolved.

Thanks

p.s. I must say that my original questions were very simple ones, I just needed somebody that new the answer to help me, under normal circumstances I would have had time to discuss and explain but just not this time. sorry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.