Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buttons on control unit still illuminate LEDs, so that's still getting power.

Removed blower resistor pack, pins and connector seem OK. Thermal fuse is OK and measuring across the pins gives various resistances, so pack itself seems OK.

Disconnected the big connector from the heater control unit and continuity tested all pins to resistor pack - all OK. Checked voltage on pin 1 - 14.2V with engine running, so OK.

Using the same ground, I removed the resistor pack, set the speed to 4 and checked for voltage on the resistor pack connector with engine running, none found?? I expected 13 - 14V on at least one of the pins and a varying voltage on another (else how would it turn down the speed of the motor), unless I'm not understanding how it works?

Not removed the motor itself yet as it doesn't seem easy. Can see the motor itself but not where the power wires go in. Any links to pages that describe how to remove this? Searching just keeps giving me links to people selling resistor packs and looms.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Buttons on control unit still illuminate LEDs, so that's still getting power.

Removed blower resistor pack, pins and connector seem OK. Thermal fuse is OK and measuring across the pins gives various resistances, so pack itself seems OK.

Disconnected the big connector from the heater control unit and continuity tested all pins to resistor pack - all OK. Checked voltage on pin 1 - 14.2V with engine running, so OK.

Using the same ground, I removed the resistor pack, set the speed to 4 and checked for voltage on the resistor pack connector with engine running, none found?? I expected 13 - 14V on at least one of the pins and a varying voltage on another (else how would it turn down the speed of the motor), unless I'm not understanding how it works?

Not removed the motor itself yet as it doesn't seem easy. Can see the motor itself but not where the power wires go in. Any links to pages that describe how to remove this? Searching just keeps giving me links to people selling resistor packs and looms.
An introduction to the forum would be good mate ! What car is it ?, what engine ?, with/without climate control ? The motors are fitted in different ways,hence we need to know what car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An introduction to the forum would be good mate ! What car is it ?, what engine ?, with/without climate control ? The motors are fitted in different ways,hence we need to know what car.
Oops, sorry. Didn't post the car type as thought this was a specific section. It's a Rapier 1.6, with A/C button but manual climate control.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one?

A bit more info: It's a RHD car, and I removed the resistor by putting the heater into recirc, then shoving my hand into the new opening underneath the steering wheel and pulling it out.

I can see the blower, but can't see any way of getting it out, but from what I've read, you only need to remove the glove box for cars with full climate control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts