Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've got a Peugeot 406 -00 where the heater fan is always on full speed. I've changed the control unit in the center console and the resistor under the passengers feet (left wheel steering).

Anyone have any idea what else could be wrong?

G

·
0 Posts
This does normally point to the resistor, did you get an eBay one as these have been known to be faulty/poor quality - not all of them, but some.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This does normally point to the resistor, did you get an eBay one as these have been known to be faulty/poor quality - not all of them, but some.
Ahh. Yepp, got it from the Bay and it was a non OEM resistor... Maby I shall try to order a new one then.

G

·
0 Posts
If you have a multi-meter, you can check power is going to the resistor, and coming out of the resistor ( power at the blower ) before replacing it.

Can you give the green connector and the thick wires going into it a wiggle to see if the fan goes off.

Don't forget you need the engine / blower on to test the power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried a new resistor, OEM this time, and the fault is still there. I haven't tried a multimeter...

Any more suggestions?

G

·
0 Posts
Hmmm, okay.

I'll have a think, but the resistor effectively 'slows' the blower down - so no resistor normally means a 'full speed' fan...:confused:

Perhaps as a free check, remove the heater control panel and clean the connections - it might not work but the controls have been known to fail, although this normally means you would have no blower at all....

Ooops, just re read that you have done that already..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts