Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if they do a repair kit for the direction flaps on the climate controlled flaps? Mine point down most of the time :(
I have already done the heat flaps :rolleyes: why they make them out of crap plastic is beyond me a recall should have been done.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry no pic I haven't stripped it yet but I guess it would be similar kit/cog to the heater flaps that always fail.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a quick follow up for anybody else that finds this that has the same problem there is a quick simple fix that hopefully will last.
Remove the facia around the heater motors on drivers side, the flap adjuster is above the heat mixer and has a white cam coming from it.
Remove the 3 screws and you will see its an hex key not a cog like the mixer flap. On mine the heater side had cracked allowing the hex to slip.
I used a cable tie (use pliers to get it very tight) to close the gap then move the cam all the way anti clockwise, start the car putting the direction pointing at the centre vents.
Turn off and reassemble.
Job done :thumb:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just a quick follow up for anybody else that finds this that has the same problem there is a quick simple fix that hopefully will last.
Remove the facia around the heater motors on drivers side, the flap adjuster is above the heat mixer and has a white cam coming from it.
Remove the 3 screws and you will see its an hex key not a cog like the mixer flap. On mine the heater side had cracked allowing the hex to slip.
I used a cable tie (use pliers to get it very tight) to close the gap then move the cam all the way anti clockwise, start the car putting the direction pointing at the centre vents.
Turn off and reassemble.
Job done :thumb:
Could you give me a more detailed process, hopefully with pictures please? I'm having trouble with mine.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I didn't take any photos if you cant do it from my description you will need to find a mechanic that can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts