Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Having changed from a reliable but worn out 02 Ford Focus, sitting in my shiny new 3008 SUV is like sitting in Houston mission control!

Can anyone help me understand the climate control system? I've read the manual but am still a bit stuck.

In my old Focus there were seperate controls for heating and air con. You had a choice whether to switch the air con on or not. In the 3008 it seems that if you press OFF on the main heater control screen, all the heater system and air con shuts down. Is there a way of just having the fan operating and channelling warm air into the car? I am conscious of the increased fuel consumption when using air con but can't see how to control it independently.

Can anyone cure me of my ignorance?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Press the heating/ventilation and air con piano key, and there is an air con on/off tab at the bottom of the screen. When ON the air con icon displays a solid bar above it, which goes OFF when pressed again. I find the system a bit odd, for instance the Air Con max, where you might expect to see the fan increase to maximum speed, actually reduces fan speed. A learning curve, but it all works well.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Oh great..... My lovely Wife has trouble changing the Sky TV channel.
This is really going to impress her, NOT! :nono:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Oh great..... My lovely Wife has trouble changing the Sky TV channel.
This is really going to impress her, NOT! :nono:
My wife has the same problem maybe it is a remote control phobia, since we have had the 3008 she finds the piano keys and display easy to use for the air con, and likes the volume control for the audio. Next step will be to show her how to change radio stations.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I hate to say it, but the air con is relatively easy compared to some of the functions. It's the type of car where there are so many settings, menus and sub menus, that it can become frustrating, particularly when you are driving along trying to find something that you thought you had mastered, only to find it wasn't where you thought it was. Good job it has forward collision auto braking!! I'll eventually get the hang of everything, probably the day before I p/ex it for a new car!!

·
Administrator
2,831 Posts
My wife has the same problem maybe it is a remote control phobia, since we have had the 3008 she finds the piano keys and display easy to use for the air con, and likes the volume control for the audio. Next step will be to show her how to change radio stations.
Bet she could get the TomTom live up and running before the Peugeot people could however!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
A PG Tips chimp could get Live Services connected quicker than a Peugeot dealer. It could probably organise build dates and shipping better too, as well as being able to source the oak finish for the GT from another supplier.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bet she could get the TomTom live up and running before the Peugeot people could however!

That may be a bit of a stretch she still calls a radio "The Wireless" and cannot understand why we have so many boxes around the house. She is referring to sat receiver, amplifier speakers etc.

She is good at pestering people though I have a nickname for her "Wasp" so could set her on the Peugeot people. I am sure she could get results.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Only took 6 posts for the Live Services issue to rear its ugly head! I'm taking mine in next week for its one month check and will ask the dealer to sort it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts