Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently had an issue with the climate control panel on my 407 sw petrol 2008. Occasionally, all of the controls on the entire panel would just stop working; temperature control, fan, front/rear windscreen de-misters, everything. It wouldn't die mid-journey, just at the ignition stage i.e it either worked, or it didn't. So, I took the CC panel out, cleaned all the connections (thanks to PF members) and everything seem ok (it was sporadic failure).

Something different happened yesterday though, all the controls on the CC panel appeared to be operating, but it would only blow out cold air, today everything was working normally again!

Also, I'm getting a regular warning that my oil is too low; i've checked it regularly, it isn't low!

So, what do you all think? Is it the CC panel? Connection issues? Ignition? MFD panel?

Please help, this car is driving me nuts!

C

·
0 Posts
Need to rule out earth fault or faulty fuse box

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

C

·
0 Posts
Think the earth to check is on gearbox below fuse box often gets dirty and just requires a clean and think a diagnostic maybe needed to check fuse box

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

C

·
0 Posts
Could be both, but it's a process of elimination cleaning earth is cheap and easyish. If it sorts it brilliant if not you need to get fuse box checked.

The bad earth and faulty fuse box both throw up numerous and varied faults.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts