37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all got a fault with the in car blower motor wondered if any one has had
the same 307cc petrol 2ltr air con works fine but blower turns off now and
again when the weathers hot but not in warm weather had it checked and
they said it showed no faults so i wired a bulb to the main power feed to
the fan when the fan stopped the bulb was still on so i wired a resistor to
ground which would keep the fan running slow this worked so it appears that
its the control circuit but why only when the weathers hot it makes no difference if its on manual or auto you cant force it back on heres hoping
:) :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi there
we had a similar problem on our 307 sw 54 reg.
when we put our aircon/heater on it worked for a a couple of mins then would cut off.......then come back on a few minutes later.

it turned out it was the resitor pack! but on our model the resistor pack is attached to the motor, so we had to buy a complete motor...but it is great now.

there are two types of heater motor on these cars depending on what aircon you have.

if you have the digital type aircon, then the motor will be the same as ours....if not it should be the motor with a seperate resistor pack. and you can just change the resistor pack then....

good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bing said:
Hi there
we had a similar problem on our 307 sw 54 reg.
when we put our aircon/heater on it worked for a a couple of mins then would cut off.......then come back on a few minutes later.

it turned out it was the resitor pack! but on our model the resistor pack is attached to the motor, so we had to buy a complete motor...but it is great now.

there are two types of heater motor on these cars depending on what aircon you have.

if you have the digital type aircon, then the motor will be the same as ours....if not it should be the motor with a seperate resistor pack. and you can just change the resistor pack then....

good luck
yeh thanks mine is the digital one and does turn back on when it feels like it
i think i know somewere i can get the pack so ill give it a go ,nothing came
up on the computer when plugged in so its got to be something acting on its own.:thumb:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi again
if the motor is the same as mine the resistor pack is part of the motor and cannot be purchased alone!

Have a look at this item on ebay...this is the one i had to buy

item number 160416325016

this seller is prob the cheapest and quick delivery

good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bing said:
Hi again
if the motor is the same as mine the resistor pack is part of the motor and cannot be purchased alone!

Have a look at this item on ebay...this is the one i had to buy

item number 160416325016

this seller is prob the cheapest and quick delivery

good luck
thanks for that ive got an account on ebay so i will check it out ,:thumb:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bing said:
well i purchased that one and my air/con and heater are great and working fine now
yeh thanks its the right one 101 pounds something got a paypal account
anyway:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts