Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heater blower fan 508 Peugeot

Intermittent problem with interior blower. Sometimes it doesn't come on and no matter what dials you turn or setting the blower speed at low or high etc it still doesn't work. Sometimes going over a bump the blower will come on , occasionally it comes on on start up. When it is in there is no issue with aircon or hot and cold temperature. I've had this exact problem on an Alfa and turned out to be heater blower resistor. I had carried on driving it like this with an occasional thump in the direction of the glove compartment to turn it on until it packed up completely on the Alfa and had to fit a resistor. So after having a good look in this forum I'm pretty sure it's the resistor .

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did yoga replacing the resistor but unfortunately it wasn't the resistor as blower didn't come on without a thump to the side console passenger panel. My own fault asssuming will need to check what fuses etc are loose,Any wiring loose and another read through the forum. Will keep informed when fixed and any help will be appreciated thanks in advance. Would put it on diagbox but my disc isn't loading to re install, Sod's law.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to clean the loom connector to the resistor with contact cleaner electrical by unplugging and plugging back in a few times and at least I will know it's not the connection, here goes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update diagbox registered a fault under air conditioning, fault B131C01 Passenger compartment air blower fault, status temporary, characterisation of fault not characterised. Would this cause blower to not work. Control unit CLIM_Regulee_UDS. Does anyone know what this means thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diagbox back up and running on my pc, had left antivirus and firewall on that's why wouldn't download, silly me forgot procedure. Fault code still as above, did some tests with diagbox and all seemed ok apart from the fault code above. Has anyone had similar code or know whether this means the actual fan motor an issue, or penny for your thoughts.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Removed trim to access the air pulley fan so I can check it as no blower at all now. I can reach it but it?s not budging, any one know how the fan comes out. All wires seem good and I?ve replaced resistor. Any one know how it comes out the fan that is. Thanks

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Diagbox is simply telling you in an overly complicated way that your blower is not working :)

Check the wires at the blower plug remove the blower check contacts if all looks ok then blowers brushes could be worn out

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Diagbox is simply telling you in an overly complicated way that your blower is not working

Check the wires at the blower plug remove the blower check contacts if all looks ok then blowers brushes could be worn out
l Thankyou reliable406 all wires good just cant undo that blower, checked on service box and can find part they call it air puller but I couldnt find the how it comes out part. I did see a 207 thread and that was turn clockwise maybe its the same for mine but its not moving although I can only get one hand in so maybe not enough strength . Lol . I’ll have another pie.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally there is a clip/lug that you push and then turn the blower motor clock wise to release it. You then have to push it against the body of car to force it past the gears of heater unit and over heater matrix pipes. It’s really hard to do. Any way out now and tested with battery, it’s dead so heater blower fan / puller needed. Peugeot wanted £90 to check if it’s the blower and if it was then another £468 to do job as need to remove heater unit gears and heater matrix pipes to access the blower then need to bleed system. So I bought one from breakers for £60 and fitted it.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Finally there is a clip/lug that you push and then turn the blower motor clock wise to release it. You then have to push it against the body of car to force it past the gears of heater unit and over heater matrix pipes. It’s really hard to do. Any way out now and tested with battery, it’s dead so heater blower fan / puller needed. Peugeot wanted £90 to check if it’s the blower and if it was then another £468 to do job as need to remove heater unit gears and heater matrix pipes to access the blower then need to bleed system. So I bought one from breakers for £60 and fitted it.
I need to remove mine too. But I can't figure out how to remove the cable connector on the blower. And I am not sure if it is possible to get the blower out as the heating pipes an gears block the way out..

·
Registered
3 Posts
@spera

Could you kindly provide me with some guidance regarding this.
It appears my blower has packed up too. I have a puegeot 508 (2011 diesel) LHD. I would like to attempt the repair with my mechanic as the peugeot quote for parts alone is ridiculous.

I need assistance with these please
(i) location of the blower i.e. Passenger , driver or centre.
(ii) What parts of the car need to be undone to access faulty part.
(iii) Any special tools required.

Many thanks

OAK (07534980337)

·
Registered
3 Posts
@spera

It appears my blower has packed up too. I have a puegeot 508 (2011 diesel) LHD. I would like to attempt the repair with my mechanic as the peugeot quote for parts alone is ridiculous.

Many thanks

OAK (07534980337)

·
Registered
129 Posts
@spera

Many thanks

OAK (07534980337)
This is guidance from Service Box. I tried to remove mine as Sepra said but I can't get it out. I managed to unscrew it and remove the connector but the way out is blocked .

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is guidance from Service Box. I tried to remove mine as Sepra said but I can't get it out. I managed to unscrew it and remove the connector but the way out is blocked .
View attachment 89548 View attachment 89549 View attachment 89550 View attachment 89551 View attachment 89552 View attachment 89554 View attachment 89555
Thanks for the prompt response.

Much appreciated. The pictures show drivers side but I presume i should undoing the trim on the passenger side being a LHD.

i also need to clarification on the numbers and letters. i.e. which do i do first.

Please feel free to reach out to if possible.

Regards

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for the prompt response.

Much appreciated. The pictures show drivers side but I presume i should undoing the trim on the passenger side being a LHD.

i also need to clarification on the numbers and letters. i.e. which do i do first.

Please feel free to reach out to if possible.

Regards
Follow the number order 1 then 2 ...etc.
This is for steering on the left. If you life in UK. You do the same steps from the steeing side.
Sorry I am late . I was busy.

·
6,440 Posts
Check the blower motor speed controller first mounted under the blower motor. Most models you can change the motor without removing the heater box via the footwell. Irrespective of R/H or L/H drive the heater box is the same so the motor will be drivers side in a LHD car

1 - 20 of 23 Posts