Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :)

I have a Peugeot 307 1.6 Sport 2005 reg and the blower stopped working intermittently until eventually completely.

I've read loads of posts and watched loads of videos about locating and replacing the resistor, but I can't find the damn thing! If I press the recirculation button to open the flap and reach inside the blower it is definitely not in there. It's also not at the back.

The thing is the connector that is disconnected in the previous pic has melted. I tested with a volt meter and get 12v, so I cleaned up the connector and managed to get the blower working with variable speed, but one of the black wires gets hot.

Does this mean the resistor is ok and there is an electrical problem elsewhere? Or could the resistor be on its way out and caused the melting?

Any help would be awesome!

Cheers

Al

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roger,

I had to delete the pic links as not allowed to post them yet, but neglected to edit the text!

you can see the 2 pics here:

alryalls dot com/307/1.jpg

alryalls dot com/307/2.jpg

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Getting hot usually means excessive current is flowing and on theose connectors could be down to a bad connection causing arcing between the connectors or a dirty connector causing a resistance between the two parts of the connection.

You could try spraying electrical contact cleaners onto the connectors in the socket and repeatedley plugging in the plug and pulling it out (with the heater switched off). Do this a couple of times and then try the heater blower and see what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys :)

I'm going to the scrappy today to get another connector and see how it goes. If it melts again I'll have to try to find the fault.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts