Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been told that i need a new motor for my blowers. the temperature works fine, but no air comes out.

does anyone know if a motor from a 205 would fit a 306 model?
of where i could get one for less that £70?!?

thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
heater blower

Try the website ' the parts gateway' they will give you a price, it will be a second hand component but it will come with a guarentee (sorry about the spelling).

Also try the blower resistor, its the cheaper option and its more likely to be this that has failed.

Best of luck Paul

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your help!

just one more question, if you know the answer! - where does the resistor go in the car? so i can check (or ask someone to check!) before i buy the part!

thanks again!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
because if the temperature is on high, you can feel slight heat coming out. it does not blow, but more like putting your hand over a radiator, or fire. and the same if the temp is turned down low, feels like putting your hand in a freezer! hehe.

you can't hear it blowing. i had someone have a look at it for me, and they said that they could tell that the blower motor wanted to go, but couldn't. i dont know much about cars, and the guy keeps saying he'll find something for me, but never does! i cant afford to pay professionals, im a student!

anyway, any help will be great! thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cheapest place for a blower motor I have found is my local scrappy.

Depending on the fan motor arrangement, it could also be the control electronics attached to the motor. Generally a scrappy will sell you the whole lot as a unit. It is also much easier to fit that way!

As most electronics engineers will tell you, all electronics contains a special magic ingredient - smoke. It is well observed when the smoke leaks out, the electronics no longer works!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts