Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heater fan in my car is a bit noisy, sounds like it's got something like a leaf or twig stuck in it (in theory it shouldn't as the filter should catch that), or most likely the bearings are dying or it has a broken blade.

Where about's is it/how do I get it out of a 307 facelift with automatic dual climate control?

·
Registered
14 Posts
You need to remove the glovebox and plastic trim on the passenger side. the heater blower is located quite high up in the airbox and it twists off once the 2 electrical connectors are removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to remove the glovebox and plastic trim on the passenger side. the heater blower is located quite high up in the airbox and it twists off once the 2 electrical connectors are removed.
Excellent, thank you, I will have a go at removing this soon to see if it needs replacing.

Cheers

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update,

Got the fan out today, it appears to be fine, although I did find a parking ticket in it. The cabin filter does appear to be well over due replacement so I'll get one ordered.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quick update,

Got the fan out today, it appears to be fine, although I did find a parking ticket in it. The cabin filter does appear to be well over due replacement so I'll get one ordered.
Was it as easy to remove as the image above suggests?
Anything to add/any more tips to aid removal?

Mine is squeeking and if it`s a nice, quick, easy job i`ll do it.
If it`s the type of job that will make me swear a lot, i`ll leave it.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't find it too frustrating. The glovebox has to come off which is 4 or 6 torx screws from inside the glovebox and another 3 underneath it (you may have to remove the felt trim from underneath it.

The fan can be reached from the space where the glovebox was, it's located behind the stereo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts