1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Sorry to be a pest...…

Recently bought 207cc 1.6Hdi 2007

Neither heated seat appears to work. I have finally tracked down the 20amp fuse (not mentioned in handbook, but I found it in the Peugeot Garage Manual). It is fine, inspected both visually and on a continuity test.

Both seats do not heat up, and the little switch does not illuminate (I believe it is supposed to?).

I have heard stories of the heated seats being ineffective, but these appear to do nothing. Looking at wiring diagram it appears the circuit is common to both until the fuse, where it splits. Is there another fuse upstream of the one in the glovebox compartment?

The only other commonality between both seats is that they appear to have an input from the BSI unit? I assume to be switched off during "Economy Mode"? I am wondering if this may be the issue?

We are not really bothered by them not working, but I dislike little faults like this hanging about. if I can repair them, I will. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I believe heated seats will normally only work with the engine running, so that rules out economy mode which only kicks in with the ignition on and engine not running. Check that the connectors underneath the seats are tight and not overheated or melted, which can happen if the heated seats have been used a lot.

·
Registered
876 Posts
not played with peugeot heated seats but a common fault on many cars is the heating element burned near to where the wires attatch, you need to remove seat cover to get at it, can often use a wire to bridge the damage.
You need to check for voltage going post switch and continuity across the pad.

You will probably find damage on base pad will also stop rear pad working, but have only done ford.
also test voltage across LED they can break, although probably wouldnt stop the pad heating.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the above guys. I can't help but think that the problem is common to both seats, as neither work. Though I guess both could be suffering form melted or burned connectors, or bad heating elements, I "feel" that the problem is a common power supply somewhere?

·
6,560 Posts
Check for power at the connectors with engine running to rule out power problems. It is also not uncommon for the elements to fail

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just be a little careful messing with wires under the seat, i always undo the battery because of the airbag.

Cheers guys,

Will do a little investigating when Nina lets me have the car! I will let you know if I fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts