Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first post!! My heat shield over my back box has dropped of and is sat on the exhaust!! I'd hate to have to just pull it off!! I want to save it if I can! I get I need to put large washers on the screw studs etc...

My problem is I can't find them!! I can't even see holes in the shield for them!! Could someone please tell me perhaps how many there are and where abouts they are? I'd rather not remove pieces of the exhaust tho!!

Pictures would help!!

Many thanks

Hallam

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The heat shield on mine is screwed in at the forward end, and it looks as though it's just screwed in a random place, and not a specific pre-drilled hole placement. My heat shield is loose to, and it's compounded by an old back box too - the outer layers of rusted metal are peeling like an onion, so it looks like a new exhaust this weekend!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jimmy, I think I can see a bolt at the front end of it, but I can't see anything else!! I'll have another look this week end. If possible, if you do get your exhaust done, would you grab a couple of pictures before the new exhaust goes up.

I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks

Hallam

·
Registered
883 Posts
The heat shield is held in place by silly little nuts that screw onto studs in the floor. In time the nuts pull through the shield and it drops down.IF you can? and this is the problem as they are difficult to get at and they could be seized,undo the nuts and refit the shield with large penny washers or whatever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, if only it was that simple felix, for some reason I can never get my exhausts to seal when I take them apart!!

I'll have another look this week end, thanks for the help tho

Hallam

·
Registered
248 Posts
It is probably possible with the box left in situ, just a bit fiddley.

The holes go into the boot area, so you may need an able assistant to hold the nut/screw in place from the top

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update... Removing the spare wheel gave me loads more room to be able to see the studs and nuts. WD40 and patience got the nuts of with no problems. That's the easy bit done!! Time for the tricky bit I reckon!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had the same problem with my one. I had to take the spare wheel off and then re bolt it and it's all good now. No more rattling. It's taken me more than a year to do it (it didn't bother me that much)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To everyone who helped, thank you.

Problem has now been solved, it's fastened back in place... In a fashion!

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts