Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I started to here a rattle a few weeks ago that I thought was coming from one of the wheels so I was thinking its something to do with the suspension. However, i've finally looked under the car and noticed that the heat shield is loose. The two screws/bolt closet to the front of the car have snapped/rusted away. I've attached a picture which will hopefully show it.

It seems like a very simple problem and fix so I don't really want to take it to a garage. Is there any quick and easy way to fix this? I'm just looking for a way to stop the rattle basically.

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey!

I started to here a rattle a few weeks ago that I thought was coming from one of the wheels so I was thinking its something to do with the suspension. However, i've finally looked under the car and noticed that the heat shield is loose. The two screws/bolt closet to the front of the car have snapped/rusted away. I've attached a picture which will hopefully show it.

It seems like a very simple problem and fix so I don't really want to take it to a garage. Is there any quick and easy way to fix this? I'm just looking for a way to stop the rattle basically.

Thanks,
Matt
I had this and my partners dad secured it for me, think he used self tappers?

Also you sure the rattle isn't the boot lock? I say this as i thought mine was the heat shield but it was the lock. I wrapped a bit of bubble wrap on mine and this solved it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts