Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to Peugeot cars so please bear with me if what I am asking is obvious to you guys. I have finally bought myself a 17 plate Peugeot 308 1.2 Puretech EAT6. It has done 22000 miles and drives well. It is from a main Peugeot dealer and I am looking forward to picking it up next Monday 27th May. I have two questions: -

1. When I lifted the bonnet I saw an aluminised heat shield just behind the radiator and I think it was slightly to the left of centre as I looked at it. It showed rainbow colours typical of something that gets very hot so I reckon it is turbo related. Is it normal or is this evidence of something wrong?

2. The coolant level was on the minimum. Is this normal or evidence of a leak due to a known problem?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Slight discolouration would be normal of the heat shield don't think mine has any really but the way you describe could point to a car that may have had an overheating/coolant issue,is there any other cars you could flip the bonnet and compare with.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point re looking at other car heat shields. I'll do that when I pick it up and compare. If required I will get it actioned. It is under Peugeot warranty for 2 years until June 2021.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts