Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading through some threads on a head swap, so here goes,
I have a xud9a 1.9D non turbo, with cat and egr, will any dw8 head do as a replalcement,it is a boxer camper if that makes any odds,
Devlin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well here is my findings, the XUD9A block will take a DW8 head, althogh not all heads come with the additional pipe from the head to the header tank, not an issue if you are at all handy cut the rubber pipe from the big hose that comes from the 1/2 inch pipe on the rear of the head and tee it into there, or stick a bolt and jub clip on it, if its for a boxer there is no extra drilling for the additional head steady, on a different note the belt tensioner is a complete arse, what I did was drill into the slide then position the plunger cap till the dome only is proud and drill through that with the firsyt hole as a guide, press the spring and plunger till the hole line up whack in a wire nail,it will go, bolt it all up and when the belt is in place pull the nail out, the usuall turn by hand \ couple of times then retension check timing at tdc and the jobs done

1 - 2 of 2 Posts